Manual ordering of list items

Description of your request or bug report:

Currently there are several different ways to display your books using the ‘sort’ drop-down, but I think it would be useful if we could also choose to manually order items in our lists.

For example, I might want to order my ‘owned’ list with the books I’m planning to read next at the top, or have the books I’m planning to buy next at the top of my ‘wish list’.

(Just to be clear, this is a different request than Fix custom list order and Allow custom manual sorting, I’m referring to items within lists rather than the lists themselves.)

Trello link:

This I think would be pretty important when trying to publicize and share lists. For example, a ‘Beginner Manga’ list that you recommend would ideally be ordered in a way you recommend reading them (ascending difficulty?).

Approved.

2 Likes

Is this still relevant considering that we now have lists that we can make (public or private) and order?

I’d say so.

Duplicating your wish/owned list by making a list list just so you can change the order of items would be a time-consuming workaround rather than a solution.

4 Likes