🕵️‍♀️ 推理小説読書会 📚 Mystery Novel Book Club 👮‍♂️ Preparing to read 赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う!

Not long left! Assuming no last minute shake up it look like we have a clear winner :eyes:

7 Likes

Oh, I wanted to read that one! Let me put the nail in that coffin.

(As usual, I probably won’t follow the club schedule, though :sweat_smile:)

7 Likes

Oh no, that’s one of the few books that I didn’t wanted to win because I read too many of 赤川 次郎’s books in a row so I’m kind of over him (for now) :laughing: Well, I’ll be back for the next round then :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Just made it in time to put in my vote!

7 Likes

The winner is… 黒い森の記憶! :tada: :deciduous_tree:

And the books to be cut with no votes:

It’s a bit late for me here so I’ll tidy up the nominations list tomorrow, and create a home thread for the book this coming week. I have a paper copy already so will be able to make a schedule shortly.

10 Likes

Nominations tidied up and home post created for 黒い森の記憶! :deciduous_tree: :brain: :scream:

5 Likes

Just a reminder that the current club will have its final week starting the 11th. We will then take a week break, followed by one week of voting on the next pick (week of the 25th). There is a two week break between the pick being chosen and the club starting to allow for people to obtain copies. This means the next club will start April 15th.

Nominations are here. We have space for up to 20 nominations, currently we are at 17. Please see the top post of this thread for the nomination template (books not in the template will not be accepted as nominations).

6 Likes

It is time to vote!

The nomination list is here. You can vote for up to 5 choices. The poll will close in a week.

• 赤ずきん、旅の途中で死体と出会う。
  • アンデッドガール・マーダーファルス 1
  • ノッキンオン・ロックドドア
  • 砂の家
  • 変な家
  • 名探偵は嘘をつかない
  • 私が大好きな小説家を殺すまで
  • 時空旅行者の砂時計
  • そして五人がいなくなる<名探偵夢水清志郎事件ノート>
  • 眼球堂の殺人 ~The Book~
  • 『クロック城』殺人事件
  • 黒蜥蜴
  • 悲嘆の門 (上)
  • 湖底の光芒
  • 点と線
  • 満願
  • シャドウ
0 voters
6 Likes

Btw: there is an anime version of this book/manga that was shown last summer: アンデッドガール・マーダーファルス S1

1 Like

Just wondering: There are a lot of bookclub lists in the list section. Should we make one for the mystery club?

• Yes, and I want to help.
  • Yes, but I do not want to help.
  • No.
  • I don’t care.
  • I see poll, I click.
0 voters

Book vote here

3 Likes

Why is @Biblio vote counting for more?

alteratenor

3 Likes

I made the mistake of reading 私が大好きな小説家を殺すまで blurb to see if I’d be interested and I’m extremely disappointed to have been spoiled part of the ending on it :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

The power of the poll creator.

5 Likes

Is this the template one or the Natively automated one with the spoiler?

1 Like

Both include the spoiler, so I’m guessing it’s something intended by the author to be known since the beginning? For me it’s just a turn off though, removes part of the shock.

Since the template does have the description closed by default and that’s the publisher summary I’m going to leave it as is. I reread the summary and it seems pretty normal for a mystery book summary, I suspect the meat of the book would be after that setup. I understand not everyone wants to know details, but I don’t think it’d be fair to other club members to remove it.

1 Like

Yeah it was not my intention to change it, it’s just me voicing my opinion on it. I’d probably would have voted for it otherwise

1 Like

I voted I don’t care, but I’m fine with making one and am also OK with granting some club regulars edit access. The site seems a bit unstable at the moment though, but once the overhaul is less shakey I can take this on.

1 Like

As the site is no longer having server issues, the list was made, available here: Mystery Book Club Current Nominations | Japanese list by cat | Natively

I just added the comments from nominators in the description for the time being, with some light tidying because it didn’t look like links would work in those boxes? @eefara @omk3 I added you both as collaborators as I saw you voted as wanting to help on it. Don’t feel the need to ask my permission for any tweaks, I trust your judgements.

7 Likes

A five-way tie so far :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

5 Likes