On-site notifications & Notification management

Description of your request or bug report:

On-site notifications & Notification management

Trello link:

30 posts were merged into an existing topic: Messaging system

I requested something for this just a few days ago, so maybe those ideas can be listed here. I don’t remember what topic I put that in.

2 Likes

So now that the topics are split, feel free to share those ideas when you find them.

I’ll update the topic accordingly.

1 Like

I found it, and here’s what I wrote:

On-site notifications, with settings to choose whether to receive a notification, an email, or both for certain events. Specifically, I want an on-site notification for when a book I request gets added instead of an email. On-site notifications for when a new volume of a series you’re reading has been added to the site would also be nice. Notification when someone follows you. Surely more I can’t think of off the top of my head.

7 Likes

If I’ve read a book, I’d be interested to know what other people think of it in the future. It would be nice to be able to follow a book, and get a notification if someone posts a review.

It might be that the default behaviour is to be notified if someone else writes a review on a book where I’ve written a review.

I don’t need to know every time someone grades the book, but I might be interested to be notified if a specific book changes Natively level.

6 Likes

Ooh I was just thinking about this too! I constantly find myself checking books I’ve read for reviews and to see if anyone else is reading the less-popular books I’ve read

4 Likes