[Poll] Korean Book Clubs

Do you have a specific book in mind? :slightly_smiling_face:

The book we’re about to start, Home Thread for 소리를 보는 소년 👁👂 Korean Fiction Book Club 🇰🇷 Starting Nov 13, is probably around the early 20s I’d say (it has a temporary rating because it hasn’t been graded yet). I’m reading a bit ahead so I can fill out the reference sheet with vocabulary and grammar (link in thread), and there are others willing to help if you have questions. :smile:

I wouldn’t mind reading along with something easier at the same time if you already have a book in mind, though. :+1:

4 Likes

Oh right, I hadn’t thought about that. I might try to join you then, but I’ll see if I have enough time. From what I can tell though it does seem like there’s a lot of vocab I don’t know in that book, and not just the vocab in @bibliothecary 's Google doc.
I’m already reading 춘향전 right now as well, which is also above my level, so reading two books that are too advanced for me at the same time might not be a good idea.

4 Likes

I like the 다락원 series, so I’d be interested in reading their B1 book, 흥부전. But I’m really open to anything, so feel free to share any of your ideas as well.

4 Likes

Oh, I have that book and I haven’t read it yet, so I’d be up for joining! :smile:

4 Likes

I’d be happy to read along with that too. If you wanted, you could set up an “informal” book club for that one if you don’t want to set up the intermediate/beginner book club right away. There are some informal clubs on the Japanese forum and usually everyone just reads at their own pace without scheduling and posts their thoughts with spoiler tags. :slightly_smiling_face: That way you can get some reading buddies for that!

5 Likes

I just made a thread for 흥부전 here.

3 Likes