Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

The hrs required logic is still there and also maybe put a warning that if you click close on the button down the data not saved will be lost? I clicked it out of intuition because in my brain I don’t expect to see the buttons on top of the form I’m submitting.

1 Like

I’ve always thought it to be a big plus not having to block cookies on each log-in since some time ago.

1 Like

Thank you! Individually my numbers need some work, but we’ll get there. :muscle:

8 Likes

book search will show few results for the next 30 minutes, then will repopulate fully over the next few hours.

3 Likes

I think what i’m doing now has fixed this, but let me know :slight_smile:

Yeah, I think there will definitely be different types of tags (genre tags, content tags, dialect tags, pacing (?) tags… etc) but I guess I didn’t think user tags would be one of them. We’ll see. Will certainly have an open discussion when I start planning it out :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Didn’t want to hijack the Sale and Promotion hunting thread.

Since amazon is a potential revenue generator for you: Have you thought about making some sort of “on sale” section on the website? Maybe something people could also “search” for or filter for in the browsing overview?
Maybe the activity feed could be shorter and then there is a scrollable & clickable banner and people could potentially even say they only want to see sales for manga or for light novels, etc. :thinking:
Afaik, that information is provided by the amazon api but I have no idea how much work something like this would be to implement.

4 Likes

So, I certainly could do things like what you’re describing, but I think just creating better discovery tools in general is the way to go :slight_smile:

While it’d be lovely to have a profitable site, these sorts of initiatives don’t make a ton of sense until we have much higher volume. And even then, I think that I could create sensible ‘premium’ features that’d make more revenue than the small affiliate fees we make (examples could be… more configurable recommendations, more recommendations, push notifications of sales, better stats, kinda like storygraph’s plus). But, all of this won’t generate much revenue until we have higher traffic.

I may need to do a top-banner fundraising campaign later in the year, largely for visa reasons. While Natively still has a long runway, South Korea didn’t love how little revenue I was producing. We’ll see. Of course, I’ve dedicated a lot to the site so far, so I wouldn’t feel too awkward asking for a little support. It would help the site :slight_smile:

11 Likes

I was halfway through writing a review, when I noticed that the bottom-of-the-page dialog box about cookie preferences was still up. So I clicked on the button to decline extra cookies, and it reloaded the page and lost my half-written review text :frowning:

(Luckily I was only doing a copy-paste-and-edit of something I’d written elsewhere…)

4 Likes

Well that serves you right for declining my wonderful cookies… duly noted though that’s a good point.

3 Likes

I don’t understand the logic of why it needs to reload the page.

Are cookies being fed before accepting them?

OT: What if I have nut allergy and are nut cookies?

1 Like

Cookie Monster Girlscout GIF - Cookie Monster Girlscout Cookies GIFs

7 Likes

Accepting cookies also leads to a lost review. It’s happened to me multiple times, which is why I always copy the review text before submitting now. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Aside from not getting the logic of reloading the page when you decline cookies, I wonder if another cookie manager would be able to save the setting without doing that annoyance regardless the option you choose?

IIRC I haven’t seen this behaviour anywhere else.

3 Likes

For people willing to experiment, the duckduck browser gets these annoying popups out of your face. Not sure if I’m ready to leave firefox though.

But I tested and it works as intended so far:

1 Like

I just noticed that the grading FAQ says “we generally do not allow difficulty comparisons between volumes on the same series”, but the algorithm was asking me to grade various 十二国記シリーズ books against each other this afternoon. Has that series been marked as “varies a lot in difficulty”? (all the books in it I’ve read so far feel about the same to me…), or is that FAQ note out of date?

Edit: never mind, I just found the review of the first book in the series (or what I think of as “book zero”) which says it’s noticeably easier than the rest. I haven’t read that one yet.

1 Like

Does 姑獲鳥の夏 1 【電子百鬼夜行】 | L39 act strangely for everybody, or just me?

• the review section says “1 rating 1 review” but doesn’t display the review
  • the activity section says I wrote a review, but the review section shows me a “write your review” button as if I hadn’t

(The version of this book I read is single-volume, whereas Natively has separate entries for a volume 1 and 2; dunno if that is confusing things here.)

1 Like

So, interestingly I’m showing you don’t have that book in your library, is that right?

The review does exist and other people can view it on the book page, but there’s a little logic that prevents you from viewing it right now because it’s not in your library. :thinking:

2 Likes

Since I just spammed the book request form, I need to immortalize this:

(and yes, you can still like childish humour at close to 40 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

10 Likes

And this reminds me - for anyone wondering why their book requests are taking a little bit longer, we’ve gotten a whole boatload of them this past few weeks and we’re a bit backed up :joy:

We really need the auto-adder for Japanese books, goodness. Although then the floodgates might truly open…

9 Likes

I’m sorry. :see_no_evil: I was just going through my TBR and ebooks and adding stuff. It’s not urgent. I will stop until either the auto-adder is here or your backlog has calmed down. :face_holding_back_tears:

4 Likes