Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

This could probably be solved via the advanced tag system that is planned (?). Or via the advanced search functionality, if you can filter for page count. :thinking:

5 Likes

I finally figured out what was going on here. My local time was out of sync because my motherboard battery seems to have died and windows didn’t do the syncing often enough, so sometimes my local clock would just be out of sync with the server. :see_no_evil:

7 Likes

Or me, who just enjoys reading a short story as a pallette cleanser between longer reads, or doing an Aozora Advent short story challenge.

I will say the very large number of short stories I’ve read probably confuses my total book count, but that’s true on BookMeter as well.

6 Likes

Yeah for sure. We could certainly put the ‘book type’ into the content tags… and have a ‘short story collection’ book type.

I do think that grouping short story collections with short stories makes more sense than placing them in novels, but neither is a really great option and it’s a bit confusing, agreed @pm215

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this is planned or requested or something entirely unmentioned thus far (doubt it, but can’t find it) - are there plans for the advanced tagging or edition handling to show links between books/manga/tv shows/movies? Ex, 容疑者Xの献身 | L34?? and https://learnnatively.com/book/5cc882d1e4/ ?

*which isn’t showing a link preview for me but should show 容疑者Xの献身 | L33

5 Likes

I think this request covers what you’re talking about: Crosslinking between different media forms of the same title/property

Yeah, would be very nice. Like I said in the request, I like how AniList does their ‘relations’, which is a simple link with a ‘relation’ description (live action adaptation, manga adaptation… etc).

:confused: come on discourse.

7 Likes

Aha! Thank you for that. Added my vote.

shaking-fist-dark-mode

5 Likes

@brandon I got an e-mail notification that some books I submitted were added (a bunch of stuff by 櫛野 ゆい), but none of the books show up in the Recently Added search or if I search by author. Picking one of the titles to search by also doesn’t pull anything back, but if I click the link given in the “books added successfully” e-mail, it does bring me to a Natively page for the book.

2 Likes

So just a site behaviour doubt came to mind.

When I update the total pages of one book, it updates just for me?
Since I can see still the old page count the item was created with.

1 Like

Correct. I wanted users to have a personal total page count because there can be various different editions.

When we add edition handling, this will naturally change.

6 Likes

things seem to develop an invisibilty sickness when being graded or was that always the case and I just didn’t notice?

This “mark favorite” text for series seems unnecessary to me. It doesn’t show up for individual volumes.

This isn’t an error as such but I can’t figure out how to edit an individual reading session…

As you can see my last recorded place of 90% completion automatically turned into page 90 when I hit “I’m finished”, taking me from page 90 to 118 or and throwing my stats off slightly…

It’s in additional options inside the book.

2 Likes

Thanks! I was trying to get there through my profile history or something

3 Likes

Feel free to delete if this is unsuitable but I didn’t know where to ask: how do I raise a bug report? I’ve never used forums for that kind of thing and I’ve no idea how to do it :sweat_smile:

One of my series shows as 5/4 even though there are 5 books in the series and they all show on the series page, just wanted to raise it if it’s an issue.

1 Like

Create a new topic here: Topics tagged bug describing the issue, and include relevant screenshots/links if you can. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, I just wasn’t sure. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

FYI - You can start to filter by book provider on the book search page already, but it’s still a little spotty. You’ll also notice that the 'Where To Find" section may be a bit messy to as I figure how best to display things. Hopefully will have all these UI / filter things resolved in the next few days, but full population of US Audible / Kindle, alongwith BookWalker, EBookJapan, Honto… etc will take some time.

I’ll do a formal announcement after i’ve cleaned all these things up a bit more.

10 Likes

I updated my percentage on a book I’m reading today, and for some reason it isn’t showing on my activity feed :thinking:
Has that happened to anyone else or is it something on my end?

7 Likes