Crosslinking between different media forms of the same title/property

This is a product request for a dedicated field for series/titles to be able to crosslink to one another or otherwise be bundled together in some way, specifically for various forms of the same property (light novels/manga/soon-to-be anime + live action, etc), despite having differing difficulty levels and possibly authors, artists, etc.

Possibly also for larger franchise works, e.g. the various Fate franchises, the various Zelda manga etc could live under a larger family umbrella or at least share crosslinkage. But perhaps that is a larger and more unwieldy topic.

Cheers

Trello link:

Approved! I agree this would be very nice. I personally like how AniList does this with their ‘relations’ - essentially they show related media with an appropriate title (Light Novel / TV Series / Movie Adaptation… etc)

6 Likes

Making a list of properties/franchises for if/when this happens

• Revolutionary Girl Utena
  • Leijiverse works (Harlock, Galaxy Express, Galaxy 999, Esmeraldas, Space Battleship Yamato)
  • JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure
  • Clamp Works
  • Gundams set in the same universe
  • Doraemon
  • The Devil is a Part-timer
  • Cells at Work
  • Tiger and Bunny
5 Likes

Not sure if this belongs in the same product request, but it’d be great to be able to go from a book’s page in one language to the page in another language. Particularly since Japanese has a lot more gradings and reviews, I often check the Japanese side to have an approximate idea of the level for ?? books, and also to have an idea of the vocab difficulty with the reviews. Currently however, since I don’t speak Japanese, that’s a bit of a hassle, since I have to find the Japanese name of the book first and then copy that.

10 Likes

I definitely think that’s reasonable. I’d also say that I’m happy to make those things a benchmark, so if you find any of those, be sure to message them in the gradings thread!

3 Likes