Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

FYI it’s just an issue with my caching service… not any data issues. Trying to resolve…

4 Likes

Well. We aren’t dead anymore… not entirely sure i’ve resolved the issue, we’ll see. If there are any Redis experts here, please let me know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ok. I’ve diagnosed the issue and understand the problem now. It should be fixed! That last glitch should be the last one.

I apologize everyone - thanks for bearing with me :sweat_smile:

Edit: Scratch that… that was the last glitch. Now I feel good about things… (and so does my Redis server).

13 Likes

I was about to write up a request asking for my hidden activity to be hidden from myself, but apparently that’s already a thing! You may want to make it more visible though. I think doesn’t really fit in with the rest of the options in this menu, which are otherwise local to the activity profile page.

2 Likes

yeah I hacked it in there, i’m not sure why.

I think it’s probably best handled in your account preferences … and on the hidden activities I can show a link to that form.

4 Likes

For the future… hopefully it’s a very infrequent situation, but everyone chatting here is a much better experience.

4 Likes

If you were experiencing a few more issues the last half hour (particularly around updating your current book progress) apologies… they have now been resolved

4 Likes

I love the addition of movies and tv series to the site. Slowly I will add all the movies I have watched but that will probably take some time.

By the way what is this Anpanman tv series which the site claims I have watched? :rofl: That is a lie I never watched that.

2 Likes

Umm. I have no clue haha. For some reason I have it in my file taken from that ‘seed the audiovisual database thread’ that you watched it. Now I don’t see you mentioning it… only @Naphthalene.

Idk why I marked that down for you :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like we had some german (?) friends come on and put some serious work into the audiovisual library & grading system. Over 6000 grades now & 900 entries. Great work!

8 Likes

I saw that huge influx of live action stuff in the Recently Added section. Glad to hear we’re getting lots of ratings, too!

1 Like

I saw someone was rating and reviewing Sion Sono films :two_hearts: I watched リアル鬼ごっこ in Japanese and remember the difficulty so I’ll need to add that, but most other Sono films I watched in English before I started learning :frowning: guess I get to re-watch them :smiley:

2 Likes

Adding movies and tv series to the site is a lot of work and in some cases at little tricky to find them on tmdb.

I wish I could edit the tv series I contributed to the site. Sometimes the site has the wrong number of episodes for tv series.

2 Likes

Is there a backend flag for ‘has furigana’? Feel like that could be a useful marker.

2 Likes

I know it takes some time. If there’s anyway I could make it easier, let me know! Hopefully as the site gets more filled out, you have to do it less.

I really hope this isn’t a common issue, but if you could hit the ‘give feedback’ button on the tv season page, that’d be great! I’m not sure i’d be able to fix it right away, but it’s good to know.

If it’s simply wrt how the seasons are broken up, yeah, that is a pretty high priority fix. Will still rely on those feedback report though.

It’s actually based off the ‘Where to Find’ urls. If you submit a source which ‘has Furigana’ then the book gets tagged with Furigana and a green ‘F’ appears. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this update is so good

4 Likes

First to get a Popular Link badge! :yum:

I don’t really hunt for badges but this notification caught my eye.

5 Likes

Please. We all know you made that E-reader app just so you could get that link badge.

I agree :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

I searched around a bit and couldn’t find info about it. Are the gradings done through the grade extra button different than the one that show up in the dashboard? Is there no point in doing them?

1 Like

When you press the grade extra button, you should see this:

Extra Grading: These grades don’t currently count towards difficulty ratings, but eventually we’ll figure out a way to incorporate them, so we appreciate it! For more information, see here.

5 Likes