Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

Yeah I probably won’t do any twitter/reddit outreach for a month or so… I want to get out of beta mode before we do that. We have a large enough user base to get a really solid ranking set and work out all the kinks before we hit out at that anime market.

To be honest, I may just wait until I get content tags (the next big feature) for books too, because that will be really :fire: :fire: and it’s not that much work. We’ll see though.

Also, another amazing feature will be surfacing streaming providers and location based filtering… which TMDB surfaces out of the box!!

Regardless, my plan is to 100% do a big reach out before June, which is when I plan to dig into Korean. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

famous last words

Okay, nice! I’m totally with you; best to get out of beta for the moment at the very least, and all those new features sound super exciting as well. :eyes:

7 Likes

:joy: fair enough. However, there’s a general scope to features. Content tags only touches a little UI on the book pages /movie pages / tv season pages… and then a filter on the search page.

Whereas something like movies or Korean touch every interface. But yes you’re right, us developers are bad at estimating things, I concur :joy::joy:

5 Likes

Might just be a glitch, but I’m seeing this at the moment:

Hitting “Return Home” just brings that screen up again.

6 Likes

Interestingly enough, directly opening specific books works mostly, but the Activity area shows “Issues with our servers”.

2 Likes

I got the issue with servers too when I tried to update reading status on a specific book. The window was unresponsive for a little while, then there was this servers message.

Yeah, has been this way for a couple hours now. Some parts of the site are reachable, but they aren’t exactly working. We’ll have wait for @brandon to wake up and do his magic :bed:

4 Likes

He should be up in a couple hours. Is about to be morning in South Korea

oh my, i’m sorry everyone! Of course this happened when I was sleeping…

On it.

6 Likes

FYI it’s just an issue with my caching service… not any data issues. Trying to resolve…

4 Likes

Well. We aren’t dead anymore… not entirely sure i’ve resolved the issue, we’ll see. If there are any Redis experts here, please let me know :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Ok. I’ve diagnosed the issue and understand the problem now. It should be fixed! That last glitch should be the last one.

I apologize everyone - thanks for bearing with me :sweat_smile:

Edit: Scratch that… that was the last glitch. Now I feel good about things… (and so does my Redis server).

13 Likes

I was about to write up a request asking for my hidden activity to be hidden from myself, but apparently that’s already a thing! You may want to make it more visible though. I think doesn’t really fit in with the rest of the options in this menu, which are otherwise local to the activity profile page.

2 Likes

yeah I hacked it in there, i’m not sure why.

I think it’s probably best handled in your account preferences … and on the hidden activities I can show a link to that form.

4 Likes

For the future… hopefully it’s a very infrequent situation, but everyone chatting here is a much better experience.

4 Likes

If you were experiencing a few more issues the last half hour (particularly around updating your current book progress) apologies… they have now been resolved

4 Likes

I love the addition of movies and tv series to the site. Slowly I will add all the movies I have watched but that will probably take some time.

By the way what is this Anpanman tv series which the site claims I have watched? :rofl: That is a lie I never watched that.

2 Likes

Umm. I have no clue haha. For some reason I have it in my file taken from that ‘seed the audiovisual database thread’ that you watched it. Now I don’t see you mentioning it… only @Naphthalene.

Idk why I marked that down for you :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Looks like we had some german (?) friends come on and put some serious work into the audiovisual library & grading system. Over 6000 grades now & 900 entries. Great work!

8 Likes

I saw that huge influx of live action stuff in the Recently Added section. Glad to hear we’re getting lots of ratings, too!

1 Like