Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

Small bug noticed on the books section: I’m see a discrepancy for the Children’s Books category; sometimes it’s “Children’s book”, and sometimes its “Childrens_Book”. The latter looks like a backend tag of some kind.

1 Like

@brandon This isn’t just for audiovisual (though it’s a problem there too), so posting here.

You may want to make lower resolution copies of the covers for use in smaller areas. Using high resolution images for really small image sizes actually makes things worse. For example, Discourse keeps multiple copies of everyone’s avatar to avoid this.

Here are some examples.

Grading:

Book list:

Video list:

I suspect all of those would look better if you at least had a 100x100 version of the covers for use in these places. That’s the size of the grading image and browse page images and may work for the user list pages as well, which use 50x50. Perhaps a 50x50 version makes sense as well, not sure.

5 Likes

Noted on both of those @eefara and @seanblue, thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Alright, it’s been 24 hours since the audiovisual launch. Here are the quick stats so far:

• 2102 audiovisual difficulty comparisons (!)
  • 424 user video additions, making the total 417 tv series, 163 movies on platform
  • 417 movies, 833 TV series added to user video libraries
  • 25 Audiovisual written reviews, 296 quality ratings

There’s still a long ways to go, but it was a great launch! Thanks everyone for tolerating with the few bugs here and there… will continue to squash. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Just a quick typo report…

Screen Shot 2023-03-07 at 8.45.57 pm

I don’t want to spend my precious tims, only my time :frowning:

Also, there’s no window closing or audiovisual feedback after you ‘update’ a time spent entry, though it does seem to save. It should either auto-close the update window or otherwise let you know it’s written that new entry to the database. (I wrote four entries to the database of the same pages the other day. Also I’m glad you can delete/edit timestamp entries now quite easily)

6 Likes

Might want to make this button a tad wider.

3 Likes

It actually does the same thing on mobile, where the button’s clearly big enough to fit the text :joy:

Must be the text box inside that’s undersized.

7 Likes

Y’all are just underestimating the size of that ‘t’

9 Likes

Fixed it for you

On a more serious note, I don’t know if you’re manually calculating when to insert ellipses or something like that (my guess based on the … actually being in the HTML), but you may want to look into the ellipses option in text-overflow - CSS: Cascading Style Sheets | MDN.

3 Likes

Right, I actually did have it but I seemed to be doing a few dumb things on that display which was breaking it. It should be good now :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I only noticed this today :scream_cat:

1 Like

When trying to add links to the ‘Where to find’ section of books, e.g. audiobooks or web novel links, it’s just forever stuck in ‘loading’. Anyone else experiencing this? :thinking:

In case anyone wants to try to replicate, I'm trying to add https://ncode.syosetu.com/n6088cy/ to https://learnnatively.com/book/f43ff48cd3/
1 Like

Oh no! Yeah I also hit the same issue. Will put it on the list

1 Like

Out of curiosity… what browser / device are you running that on? I don’t see that :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s what it looks like for me on Safari on macOS

Safari on iPadOS looks a bit better, but it’s also off center.

2 Likes

Fixed!

Great, thanks!

Nah, that’s :wastebasket:

but thank you for understanding

1 Like

how? what? where? why don’t I have this option? Am I not special enough? :face_holding_back_tears: or was that something new and has been taken away again because it’s not working correctly? :thinking:

2 Likes

It’s always been there, as an easter egg for the shrewdest of detectives… a faint pencil in the upper right hand corner unlocks secrets…

5 Likes

Never noticed. :see_no_evil: Thanks. :face_in_clouds:

1 Like

So speaking of this, out of curiosity, have you been able to do any outreach on social media sites for the new audiovisual release? Granted, you’re probably swamped with bugs, but I was just thinking how easily you could hit that target market of anime learners.

3 Likes