Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

As for what providers do, here’s crunchyroll:

4 Likes

@暁のルナ @araigoshi what if we do reset the episodes every season, but we show the original episode number (if it’s different) in the title? And then show the title in the update progress popup?

Like:

Screen Shot 2024-02-01 at 12.45.19 PM

How would you all feel about that. Still confusing?

5 Likes

If the original number is still reflected on the season page as well, that seems acceptable to me

3 Likes

Great, I’ll go ahead and do that then.

It does seem that TMDB has 92 for that… :grimacing:

3 Likes

Wonder what they have for eps 62-91 then :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Ok. I’ve gone through all tv seasons and have reset their episode numbers to start at 1 and rise sequentially for each season. I also updated any of your corresponding user data.

This impacted 105/6251 tv seasons (~1.7%) and 17 impacted users, so pretty small impact. If anyone is really concerned, they can email me, but it’s only changing episode number… not a big deal :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So far nothing has changed.

I also would prefer to see the actually used episode numbers, so that it is easier to know where I am, without having to look somewhere else.

Another problem is that episode titles are in English instead of Japanese, which also makes it difficult to actually find an episode without looking into some lists like in Wikipedia.

4 Likes

idk how their API works, but I know I can view TMDB in Japanese and all the titles show up in JP… so maybe there’s a way to pull those here too?

3 Likes

Was there something you were expecting to change but didn’t? Or do you mean your data looks the same and that’s good?

Yeah, it’s just somewhat confusing as that’s not how it’s listed on the site (and i’m not entirely convinced it’s consistent across provider). Hopefully, the original episode number being in the title will make things pretty clear. The only place where it’s a little sad is the quick auto increment button on your dashboard (‘+’)… which will only show our episode number.

But all the other places you might update an episode should have the title (with the original number) for you to view.

You know, looking at TMDB again, I can absolutely have Japanese episode titles. Would we all like to switch to those?

• Switch to native episode titles
  • Keep english episode titles
0 voters
4 Likes

That‘s too bad. E.g. I sometimes forget to update on LN and tend to become aware of a problem only some weeks later, because of that „feature“.

1 Like

Some weirdness today. DOUBLES!!④, the book I finished yesterday, is showing up in my recently read and in my library as finished, and the top of the book page does show that I have it set as finished and with the correct date, but it’s not in activity anywhere. I don’t have it hidden, and I have it set to show my own hidden activity anyway.

screenshots

I didn’t notice yesterday, and I only noticed today bc I’d forgotten I was using it for the bingo and was going to grab the link from my dash… only to find it wasn’t there. I thought I’d only thought about marking it finished on here but had forgotten to actually do so (this happens w a lot of things), but nope.

3 Likes

Honestly might be worth a user toggle. While I think it’s ideal to have them in the native language, I can see it being intimidating/cumbersome for newer learners.

5 Likes

Is there a setting so that watched episodes in a season get moved to the bottom? If there’s not, can there be one?

Or maybe just always have both, like it is realized for movie titles.

2 Likes

Ran into an issue where I can’t update my status for 結束バンドLIVE-恒星- | L30?? b/c it has no Total Runtime value, and it won’t let me add one. The Total Runtime for the regular edition is 117 min (though I have the special edition… so if it’s possible to also adjust it individually, that would be cool… if not, no big deal)

Can file a bug report, if you’d like

@brandon

Is there any way to tell if a series is pending approval to appear on reviews or if it’s just glitching on a search?

Currently is very unintuitive.

For example looking for:

Showed no results, and I get asked to request the item.

I fill all the forms and things, and then I get thrown an error and tell the item already exists, making me fill the form for nothing, as it’s not even added to my library with the data I provided.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that’s an IMDB problem, the runtime doesn’t seem to be on there either (at least not that I could find).

Sure, but on the other hand, you can input Total Pages for books on here, when it’s missing. Don’t see why videos should be different in that regard.

1 Like

Is this happening to you a lot? :sweat_smile:

We approve daily (outside annual vacations), so this should be a pretty exceptional case.

I do agree that if it does occur, it’d be pretty unintuitive, but really shouldn’t be happening often.

The case you laid out was not a glitch.

2 Likes

It’d be lovely if you could submit feedback to update the runtime for everyone.

There’s not really a legitimate use case for personal runtimes, unlike books with editions, but you’re right that I should allow you to update the runtime… especially if it’s blank!

Of course the most ideal would be to update TMDB for everyone, but that’s also a pain.

For now I recommend using the feedback. Potentially logging a product request too for a more streamlined process if you’re inclined. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes