Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

This is a really dumb thing with the forum but I don’t find the ‘x people have clicked this link’ feature very helpful. Is there a way to turn it off or just to replace it with the Level Number (which is much more helpful?)

I notice the level number doesn’t always make it into every post, is that just dependent on how the forum software was at the time of posting?

1 Like

Unfortunately, replacing the number with the level number is not super straightforward.

So the forum software pulls the link text by going to the url being linked and pulling the title of that webpage (you can see the title of a webpage by the name on the tab if you navigate there).

You can just have the raw url as the link text… it just depends how the user who wrote the comment handles it. When you input the url in the comment, you have to let it wait and fetch the title… it’s pretty intuitive but can go wrong.

Hope that makes sense!

5 Likes

Apologies on the brief 10 min outage - had to install a new plugin and restart. All amazon links in the forum now get Natively’s affiliate id :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So eh… is my library a bit scuffed for anyone else? :cold_sweat:
On the second page all the custom lists are split up and when I filter by a custom list it shows all the wrong things. As long as I stay on the first page selecting a custom list works fine though :see_no_evil:
Can’t see this happening on other peoples profiles, so I’m a bit confused :neutral_face:

1 Like

Sorry about that, it’s fixed! There’s something around custom list additions which can sometimes mess up the order. Have to figure it out still :confused:

1 Like

Why are there 2 different “regular” thingies and how does one get one ? :eyes:
Asking for a friend. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

haha this was briefly discussed at one point, but if you set your language to Japanese on the forums, it actually changes your ‘Regular’ descriptor for everyone… which doesn’t really make sense :laughing:

Anyway, to reach the ‘Regular’ trust level it looks like you’re very close @Biblio, you just need up your visits to the forums to above 50% of the last 100 days… you’re very close at 48. So if you visit the next 4-5 days in a row, you’ll probably get the ‘Regular’ trust level :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Is there currently any way to reset your ratings for a book? Say you re-read a book after many years, and realize you could give better gradings now that you’ve refreshed your memory/are more experienced with knowing what to pay attention to for grading purposes.

1 Like

You can delete your gradings for that book and then re-grade.

Alternatively, you can also change gradings…

That’s on a grading-by-grading basis, right? There’s no mass delete/change?

I don’t think so, but you can search for the book and then delete the gradings. I usually only have a few gradings per book, so that doesn’t take long. But maybe @brandon knows a better option. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah there’s no mass delete/change, just individual delete and regrade. Honestly think it’s a pretty rare activity, hard to justify adding it.

2 Likes

To me the bigger problem is that I can’t regrade from the book page. I don’t want to go to gradings and filter by book and all that. Sometimes I realize I graded a book incorrectly and want to redo a bunch for that book, which is cumbersome right now. I’d guess you’re right that it’s not a common activity, though only you have the logs to verify. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just realised that Natively seems to be stuck at (at a guess) US time? Any way to reassign it for custom timezones (or to set timezones)?

1 Like

Yeah, the timezone handling needs to be improved.

No, there’s no way to set a custom timezone on a user account :confused:

I’d encourage you to submit a product request if you’re interested!

3 Likes

Maybe dumb question but is the “Have feedback? Let us know!” button on the book pages specifically for that book (e.g. for reporting that it’s miscategorised), or is it just a general-feedback button?

3 Likes

yes it’s specifically for that book. Or if it’s on a series page, it’s for that series.

Of course, you can put anything you want in the request and i’ll respond to it, but if you have more general feedback, preferably you’d send it here in the forums or from the contact us page.

If you have a formal product feature request, you can request it on the forums.

Welcome to the forums! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow, I just realized we have very few “new users of the month”. None in November nor December… I guess it’s mostly just the same people around here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah a lot of new people don’t seem to be coming to the forums, i’ve noticed that too. Well, i’m not too worried, I think there will be a lot of growth this year with movies & korean & other things (tags…etc). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh wow, I had no idea. I wondered what would be the best way to e.g. add something to the " More Information" section, and already resigned myself that there is no easier way than maybe sending you a DM here.

Maybe making it something like “Anything to add or change here? Let us know!” could make it clearer…

Even the text after clicking on the button (“We love feedback! If you notice something wrong on the site or you have potential improvements, please let us know below.”) sounds more like it’s for bug reports or feature requests than e.g. adding info to the book to be honest.

1 Like