The 吸血鬼 Appreciation Society 🧛

Pretty amazing imo you’ve managed to go this long without reading a single page of manga! You’re gonna have so much stuff to dive into, haha.

Man; what’s your process for finding 吸血鬼-related works?

Edit: I see you’ve got my other requested series taken care of already, but you can also add ロザリオとバンパイア (series) | L24 to your 吸血鬼の漫画 list Drinos.

2 Likes

I’ve added some more manga that was already on the site to the list, and the last requests I made came in really quick this time (thank you brandon). We now have 218 entries on the book list and 23 and on the manga list. It looks like I will never run out of stuff to read.

I’ve been wondering if it makes sense to count the 物語 series. jpdb tells me that it uses the word 吸血鬼 a whopping 1890 times, (only surpassed by ヴぁんぷ! | L30?? with 2001!) It really is hard to determine what counts and what doesn’t.

Iv’ve basically just been searching 吸血鬼 or ヴァンパイア on Amazon or Bookwalker and looking through the 文芸 and ラノベ categories. It’s a bit of a tedious process since lots of unrelated stuff comes up, so I have to check the description of each to make sure it’s actually relevant. I guess it’s extra reading practice. :rofl: There’s also the vampire tag on anilist and myanimelist for light novels. I’m actually missing some from there, so I’ll recheck those eventually. There was also this list Category:吸血鬼を題材とした小説 - Wikipedia. You can also just search 吸血鬼小説おすすめ and see what shows up.

2 Likes

Good day, members of the society.

It is finally our favorite month of the year. I hope you all have found a nice 吸血鬼 book or manga to read.

I have once again updated the book list. We are now at 307 entries on that one, and just searching 吸血 brings up 128 results. I am going to consider it done for now and probably won’t search for new stuff for a while. I actually did start requesting stuff for the manga list, but those haven’t come in yet, so look out for those soon.

Apparently, I have requested 506 total series at this point, which makes me think that maybe I spend a bit too much time window shopping and not enough time reading… I’ll read more after I find all the manga. :laughing:

6 Likes

All this means is that you’ve become/are becoming a 吸血鬼 encyclopedia and will eventually 吸血鬼-fy yourself. :smiley:

I might do another round of searching, then, after your manga list has settled a bit, to lessen the chance of finding duplicates.

4 Likes

I couldn’t find it with a search here, but https://learnnatively.com/book/9ce4863e44/ from the mystery book club sounds like a good fit for here

3 Likes

Yeah, I have that one on the list. There is a surprisingly large crossover between mystery and 吸血鬼 stuff! (there’s probably more romcoms and smut though)

3 Likes

Good day, 吸血鬼 enjoyers. I hope you are all having a great time reading during our favorite month. I know I have, especially with getting into manga. I’m nearing the end of ハピネス (series) | L16 which is very, very easy and started スカーレット (series) | L24??. スカーレット has a somewhat generic story, but the characters are pretty so recommended to any yuri enjoyers. :slight_smile: I have been slowly (but surely) updating the manga list. We are only at 140 right now but I just requested a shit ton, so look out for those. MAL alone has like 400+, so I’ll keep going through those. What are my fellow 吸血鬼 enjoyers enjoying today (or planning to enjoy later)?

4 Likes

I’ve sigh completely gotten off pace with 吸血鬼ハンター“D”―吸血鬼ハンター 1 | L39. The first chapter was fine; had to look up vocab but what’s new. Then the second chapter hit and started giving me history lessons over a couple thousand years of history and my brain just @.@. My celebration of the holy month is a bit off because of it; I’m gonna push forward this weekend, get past this part. >.<

4 Likes

I finished ドラキュラの町で、二人は | L26. The verdict: can’t really recommend it, not as learning material for a beginner nor for anyone looking for a genuinely good book to read, but it was enjoyably stupid and I don’t regret reading it, especially since the villain turns out to be a VAMPIRE WATERMELON.

6 Likes

Does this mean that the level 40 rating is actually accurate? :fearful: Or do you think it’s just tedious in that one section?

Thank you for your contribution to object #2 of the 吸血鬼 appreciation society! You say that you can’t really recommend it as learning material, but in my view, anything that is enjoyable can be good learning material (as long as it isn’t way beyond your level.) Plus, how can anyone not want to read it after hearing about the VAMPIRE WATERMELON :rofl: The plot sounds too wild for me not to be interested in this. I will read it eventually :tm:

Interesting that your ratings put it at L26. That would be the same as ぼくが恋した吸血鬼 講談社ノベルス | L26, which I liked.

3 Likes

It remains to be seen. :thinking: I shall report back when I have more info!

1 Like

Good day, appreciators of 吸血鬼. I hope you are all doing great in our favorite month. Our favorite day of the year is steadily approaching!

I’ve been slowly updating the manga list, and we now have over 200 entries on that. Together with the book list, we are now over 500! We will be reading 吸血鬼 books for all eternity. :bat:

5 Likes

I wonder whether it is OK to ask for opinions on a phrase of a book here. It’s a vampire book.

突然、鈍い音とともに腰のあたりで巨体がふたつに折れた。電光の速さで跳ね上がった膝に急所を猛打され、声も出せずに膝をつくヘイグを見向きもせず、リナの肢体はもと来た入口へ消えた。

My reading here is that someone’s body was ‘broken’ in half, then something hit this person’s body and this person’s fell on their knees.

Do you agree with my understanding? Was the person hit twice so they first bent forward and then fell?

3 Likes

It’s kinda hard to tell what exactly is going on without further context, but here is my crude interpretation:

“Suddenly, together with a sharp noise, around the hip area, their large body split in two. Without even looking at Heigu, who collapsed to their knees and didn’t even let out a voice after their weak point (crotch?) was hit with by the lightning speed blow of (someone else’s?) knees, Rina returned to the original entrance.”

I’m assuming everything on that second sentence before ヘイグ is modifying ヘイグ. I could be wrong.

3 Likes

I’ll give it a shot but it’s challenging to tell who’s doing what to whom without knowing who’s involved in the scene and what happened immediately prior. So I’m making a lot of assumptions in my crappy translation.

“Suddenly, there was a dull sound and the enormous man crumpled in half.”

“Without looking at Haig, who had been slammed in the groin by a lightning-fast knee and was unable to speak…”

“Lina’s figure disappeared through the door whence she came.”

As far as I can tell only one “attack” happened: the first line describes someone suddenly folding over, and the next line explains why they did – they took a lightning-fast knee to the vital bits. I could be wrong though. Hope someone smarter than me answers.

3 Likes

I love mixing up 鋭い and 鈍い :melting_face:

2 Likes

Thank you! I didn’t know 急所 meant groins. I also misunderstood whose knees the author was describing…

2 Likes

The context before this scene is that Heig was trying to take sexually assault Lina.
Thank you very much. This makes sense now.

1 Like

Ah, that does make sense! Thank you for sharing the sentences, it was good practice.

1 Like

Good evening (we don’t like the day here), 吸血鬼 appreciators!

It’s probably a bit late to be saying this, but I hope you all had a great October. Recently, I got two new 吸血鬼-related-books fully graded.

First, 高1ですが異世界で城主はじめました | L28. It’s ecchi isekai fantasy. Honestly, I thought it was fun. I don’t know what “average” looks like for this genre, but it was definitely better than the other shitty ecchi isekai book I read a while ago (https://learnnatively.com/book/cd9ab96c78/.) The basic is plot is that protagonist man’s friend gets a mysterious old map and brings it to school, and they both get sent to another world. They were called there because a 吸血鬼 keeps attacking villagers, and summoning people from other worlds is apparently the easy way to fix problems.

I guess it isn’t strictly about 吸血鬼 but 吸血鬼 are a pretty big deal plotwise between the first and second volume (on the 2nd now.) The looming problem seems to be that the humans want to keep clearing out land in the 森, but the 吸血鬼 tribe feeds on the 狼 there, but the 狼 die out without the 森, so they’re forced to attack people instead.

The story is more about 城主 politics than anything else. The land that protagonist man gets summoned into is basically a shithole, so when he eventually becomes 城主, he has to take on a number of task like foreign relations, fixing the 吸血鬼 problem, improving relations with other 異種族, making the shithole into a not a shithole. I am actually interested to see where this is going. There’s 21 volumes, so I’ll probably be sticking with this for a while.

I’m honestly surprised that I’m enjoying it as much as I am. Obviously, given the genre, there’s going to be 巨胸 talk and whatnot, but I really don’t think it gets too much in the way of the story too much. I don’t really mind that type of stuff as long as it doesn’t take away from the main plot. One of my main problems with カフェ・ド・ブラッド 魔夜中の眠らない血会 | L32 is that it was way too drawn out and kinda got in the way of the actual story. (Though the actual plot wasn’t all that interesting either…)

Next, 僕の血を吸わないで (電撃文庫 あ 7-1) | L29. It’s cute. Somewhat of a generic plot, but it works. 吸血鬼 girl is getting hunted, flies into ponytail man’s room, she decides to stay there, ponytail man decides to let her stay there as long she promises not to 吸血. Really just feels like the average romcom, so I don’t really have much to say about it. My plan for the rest of the year is basically just alternate between it and other books until I finish it. For another 吸血鬼 book, I have my eyes on ほんとうの花を見せにきた | L33, but I’ll probably read 砂糖菓子の弾丸は撃ちぬけない A Lollypop or A Bullet | L32 (not 吸血鬼)first since it’s pretty popular and by the same author. Does anyone have any suggestions for some (standalone) 吸血鬼 books I should give a try?

6 Likes