View pending book requests

Description of your request or bug report:
As far as I can tell, right now there’s no way to see which books I’ve submitted that haven’t been added to the site yet (i.e., pending requests). A page that lists our currently pending book requests may be useful (possibly linked from the Request page?).

This would come in handy if:

• you’re requesting multiple books at once and need to remember which ones you’ve already submitted
  • you’re not sure if you actually clicked the “request book to be added” button (basically as confirmation that your request has been sent since it would show up on the “pending requests” page)

Trello link:

Yes, agreed. It’s an obvious add :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is this obsolete now with the auto-add feature? Or are there still manual ways of adding books?

2 Likes

It’d still be nice I think, since books aren’t immediately approved so you can’t search for them directly.

We could also add being able to see if you’ve already made a feedback request related to a specific book, etc to this. Sometimes I do multiple in a row, and I forget which ones I’ve already done.

3 Likes

I put them on my wish list. Then I have no problem to find or check them.

Yeah, but then I add a lot of books that I don’t necessarily know if I’m going to read, particularly in Spanish to populate it. So I wouldn’t want to put everything on my wishlist, but it’d still be nice to be able to check if I’ve added something or not already, particularly if I’m adding 10 or more books in a row. I might be a bit of an outlier in that case though, idk.

3 Likes

You can always re-submit the Amazon URL; even if the book hasn’t been approved yet, iirc Natively will still tell you that the book already exists.

Yeah, but sometimes books have several Amazon pages, so say I grab a different one it’s easy to accidently add the same book twice. It’s not a big problem though.

1 Like

This could work well with that other request to see which items we’ve added, wouldn’t it? We have a page where we can see the ones we’ve added (maybe default sorted most to least recent, w other sorting options), with a mark or note beside the ones that are still pending

2 Likes

If you have that request, can you please link it?

Found it!

5 Likes