Allow users to see which books they have contributed (and show/hide on public profile)

As noted in the general thread - I can see that Natively is recording that I have contributed/suggested X books, but even I can’t necessarily remember which ones they are! (Apart from them mostly still having level suggested ranges, since they’re mostly new).

Suggestion is a page or filter where you can see the titles that you have contributed. Additionally, you might be able to check if you want to show that page to other people who click on your profile (not sure where to surface in the UI though - perhaps a new tab, perhaps a filter setting, perhaps clicking on the Contributed X books, etc)

Cheers!

Trello link:

Approved. This is a gimme and would be nice :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If this does get added as a prominent profile feature, I’d like a way to control which books are shown, or at least the order they’re displayed in. For example I added サキュバスに転生したのでミルクをしぼります 1 | L23 because I got it for free a few weeks ago, and it turned out to be one of the worst books I’ve ever read (not that I had high expectations, lol). I don’t mind it being in my library right beside my 1-star review, but I’d rather not have it displayed proudly at the top of my profile as my latest contribution to the site :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

:joy: :joy:. To be fair, I think there’s value in adding a book just to trash it and say “stay away”!

But duly noted. I think this may also be the case for people who add a lot of… sexy… books as well :wink:

9 Likes

With a title like that I have no idea why not :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

I would certainly have some sorts of expectation.

Edit: that cover is giving me back pain, though.

Can’t be me. I just don’t add the spicier ones :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

What about a checkbox during the request book, just like if you want to get it added to your library or not, if you want to get it credited as contributed by you or get it contributed Anonymously

2 Likes

When I voted for this I just assumed it was for private reference. I probably wouldn’t want this feature if it was public, simply because I don’t think it’s anyone’s business but my own what books I contributed.

2 Likes

While I don’t care if people see what I contributed, I also don’t see why they would care about it. Those books are all going to be in my library anyway, so they can just check that instead.

2 Likes

This. Unless you exclude it from library, someone can just check the first entry in the activity log. It’s not 100% certain though.

Well I guess similar to @Athakaspen, I’d want people to see the books in my library within the context of my ratings and reviews. Just seeing that I contributed a book might imply I recommend it, which isn’t necessarily the case.

1 Like

Well, technically, it sounds like it would not get on the front of the page anyway while your reviews would be more directly accessible. If someone gets out of their way to make the wrong assumption, honestly, it’s on them.

The only exception would be if it’s a book you don’t want to be associated with in any shape or form… but then why add it to begin with?

Speaking of which, I found out that someone has actually added some of the spicier BL stuff I refused to add and even 4~5 stared some of them. I am impressed.

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think I have any of those. :laughing:

1 Like

I just wanted to bump this since I think it would be really useful for the upcoming bingo challenge! I have already forgotten which books I’ve added to the database, so it would be nice to have an easy way to refer back…

12 Likes

Apparently I’d already come across this request and voted for it :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Description of your request or bug report:

I want to find out which books I added to Natively. There used to be a custom tag “Added” that was added to some of the books I added to Natively, but it seems to have stopped being added.
Now I don’t think that a custom tag is the smartest solution (as I could accidentally add or remove it, while the property that I added a book to Natively is not changeable), but at least it was something:sweat_smile:

What I would really like for this is either a filter (in the My Books page), or a marker attached to the book that cannot be manipulated by me, or an entry in the book’s events list, or all of these :grin:

Trello link: (leave in blank)

Isn’t this the same as

3 Likes

Merged duplicates

3 Likes

Thanks for the merge! Although I’m not sure about the lost functionality of the “Added” custom tag - isn’t that rather a bug report as well as it used to get added automatically but doesn’t any more? :thinking:

1 Like