⛩ Week 1 | 神様たちのお伊勢参り 👧

Welcome to the reading club for 神様たちのお伊勢参り!

kamisamatachi

Home Thread | week 2

Reading Schedule

Week Ending % Ending sentence
Week 1 8% 必死で走った。

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.
Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters

I’m going to Japan soon-ish and have to get some other stuff read first, so I will probably start the book afterwards, but am very much looking forward to it. :eyes:

2 Likes

You should read it while going to 伊勢!

4 Likes

not on my itinerary this time, but I have been there before when I did the Kumano Kodo. :eyes:

4 Likes

Fun beginning so far. I didn’t know you had to run away from 中二病. :joy:

5 Likes

I’m hoping I can find some time tomorrow to finally start. >.< Been downloaded on my Kindle for a little bit now.

2 Likes

Just started reading but

すぐに新しい派遣先を紹介してもらうも、高卒で資格もろくにない芽衣に紹介されるのは、とても条件がいいとは言えない職場ばかりだった。

I can see that happening in Japan, but I would personally pick someone with 3 years of work experience over a rando who’s been sitting on a chair for 2-4 years at the university… It’s wild to me that she can’t find a place at least as good as the previous one.

2 Likes

Oof I read way too far. I didn’t notice the break at all. (I wasn’t in the mindset of stopping at that time either :joy:)

4 Likes

Same thing happened to me :upside_down_face:

2 Likes