šŸ“ā€ā˜  Week 10 | Flesh&Blood ā›µ

Welcome to the reading club for Flesh&Blood!

91mGjo9-CUL.SL1500

Home Thread | week 9 | week 11

Reading Schedule

Week Date # of Pages Ends on Page Ends on % Ending Line
10 July 8 20 221 73% (end of chapter)

Google vocab spreadsheet: ~ FLESH & BLOOD ~ Volume 1 ~ Vocab list - Google Sheets
Feel free to contribute!

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if itā€™s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! Thatā€™s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.
Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • Iā€™m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • Iā€™m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
1 Like

Well, that was a weird section. Basically just a justification for why no rape is going to be happeningā€¦? Iā€™m just going to pretend this whole exchange didnā€™t happen, it doesnā€™t seem to have added much in the way of exposition or character development. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Ah, thank you for reminding me; the illustration for this week is of the scene in question:

p. 209

4 Likes

I caught up :partying_face:

Geoffrey really neds to learn about enthusiastic consent. I really hate the ā€œtheyā€™re just pretending they donā€™t want thisā€ excuse. I get that his actions arenā€™t as bad for the time period, but I really have trouble not judging stuff like that by modern standards. What the heck Geoffrey. Donā€™t go around assaulting teenagers. While Iā€™m glad he promised not to do anything, the situation shouldnā€™t have happened in the first place.

I wonder if Kaitoā€™s slip-up of muttering about ć“ć®ę™‚ä»£ is going to be of significance? Did Geoffrey hear that comment? He didnā€™t outwardly react, but that doesnā€™t necessarily mean that he didnā€™t catch it.

4 Likes

I am very much behind but catching up today. I was fearing that we might be getting some non-con stuff because, well, it wasnā€™t BL if it didnā€™t have that in the 2000sā€¦ :melting_face: at least no r*peā€¦ yetā€¦

on to the next chapterā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™m also behind and trying to catch up a bit today. Like everyone else, Iā€™m glad there was no rape.

Sneaking quietly behind Biblio to the next chapterā€¦

4 Likes