Week 13 🏰 今ζ—₯γ‹γ‚‰γƒžηŽ‹! πŸ‘‘ | BL Book Club πŸ‘¨β€β€οΈβ€πŸ‘¨

1018b023-97c9-4269-b98e-8624e88e4212 e7bd7e83-a65d-446c-b5db-65b40591f93b

Book Club Links

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter End page (original) End page (combined- digital) No. of pages End page (combined - physical) No. of pages Notes
13 Mar 4 9 205 198 14 209 14 end of chapter

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers for the current week should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • Please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion, and other readers will be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post your thoughts.

Poll

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters

If I remember correctly what happened when, this is the second time the previous ι­”ηŽ‹β€™s soul comes out to save the day, right? Again using just water. I wonder if it’s a coincidence, or if he has a specific affinity?

1 Like

Yeah, I believe that’s right. Iirc in the book, there was speculation that ユーγƒͺ’s old pact with a/the water elemental coming back was due to him taking that drink of water from that weirdly suspicious girl way back when he first arrives at the capital, but they didn’t follow up on that at all, so I don’t know if it’s anything more than β€œwhy is this happening” on the other characters’ parts.

Speaking of the village burning, I spent this entire section wondering how slowly it was all burning, given how long it took for the fire to be put out. I think they mentioned that the fire was some kind of special magical fire, where it became much harder to put out, but in return burned much slower, or something of the sort? Anyway, I was relieved when it finally got put out.

1 Like

Ah, true! I remember that now. I also wonder if there’s going to be more about that at some point.

1 Like