Week 13 ๐Ÿญ ใตใ—ใŽ้ง„่“ๅญๅฑ‹ ้Šญๅคฉๅ ‚ ๐Ÿ‘ต ์ด์ƒํ•œ ๊ณผ์ž ๊ฐ€๊ฒŒ ์ „์ฒœ๋‹น ๐Ÿฌ

Book Club Links

Reading Schedule

Week Start
Date
Ch. :jp:
End
page
:jp:
No. of
pages
Digital
(epub/
BW)
Audio-
book
Notes
:kr:
End
page
No. of
pages
Notes
13 15 Apr 6 137 10 line ending: โ€ฆใใ‚‹ใ‚ŠใจๅฅณใฎไบบใŒใตใ‚Šใ‚€ใ„ใŸใ€‚ 123 8 line ending: โ€ฆ์—ฌ์ž๊ฐ€ ๋น™๊ทธ๋ฅด ๋ชธ์„ ๋Œ๋ ธ๋‹ค.

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if itโ€™s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! Thatโ€™s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.
  • Even if you donโ€™t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post your thoughts.

Resources

:jp: Wanikani Book Club
:jp: Wanikani Vocabulary List
:jp: JPDB Vocabulary List

Poll

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • Iโ€™m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • Iโ€™m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
2 Likes

Iโ€™m finished with this weekโ€™s part! I canโ€™t believe that this is almost the end of this book, and weโ€™re ending this week on a cliffhanger as well! Tbh Iโ€™m not sure that Iโ€™m going to be able to wait for next week to read the end of this chapter, I might just do it earlier.

Like I suspected, Beniko told the kids the rules directly and helped them. So Iโ€™m fairly certain that everything will go well for them.

As for the fate of the mother howeverโ€ฆ I have a feeling that she wonโ€™t respect the magic tree (and the Kitchen God, now that one I was not expecting). And honestly, I wouldnโ€™t mind this awful character ending up being eaten by the Kitchen God. Will we get the true bad ending that weโ€™ve been waiting for since the first chapter? Of course, that would still be a good ending for the children, finally free from their awful mother.

4 Likes

Interesting chapter and hell of a cliffhanger to end on

God I wish this book used more kanji. The excessive hiirigana use is by far the most annoying thing about reading it (at least with ttsu)

3 Likes

I just caught up with the last two weeks and thought this weekโ€™s reading would get through this chapter. Nope :upside_down_face:

Agree everyone elseโ€™s thoughts here. If I wasnโ€™t behind in all of my book clubs Iโ€™d probably just power through the rest of the book :joy:

3 Likes

my thought were like @HopeWaterfall Iโ€™m totally thinking Little Shop of Horrors style developments (uhโ€ฆ that dates me lol)

2 Likes
also dating myself

1 Like

:joy: :rofl:
amazing, that takes me back

1 Like