Schedule & Links

Week 2 July 14, 2024
Chapter 2
Pages 45 - 86
Previous Week week 1
Next week week 3
Home Thread thread

Discussion ground rules

• Any spoilers, for the current chapters must be behind spoilers or detail curtains. When we get further in you don’t need to hide details that were revealed in previous chapters.
  • Always mention where you are in the book when discussing, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting! But please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week :slight_smile:
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That can be part of the discussion too and I’m sure some folks would be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post in the thread for that reading once you have finished it. I advise not reading ahead in the threads as you may see spoilers.
Are you joining us for Week 2?
  • I’m reading along
  • I’m reading along, but at my own pace
  • I’m just following the discussion
0 voters
2 Likes
chapter 2

Mikoto is a Disney princess. Animals follow her wherever she goes. A cat :smiley_cat:, a bear :bear:, a penguin :penguin:, a rabbit :rabbit2: and a lion :lion:. I think the penguin is the only one that kinda looks like one, though.

My theory is that a large reason Nekozaki is always so irritated is Mikoto. Having that crush puts her under a lot of stress.

I remembered 花粉症! I think I had it in my vocabs at some point. And I read this manga before. It’s so easy to recognize. It just makes sense.

4 Likes

It feels like there were more words that I didn’t know in this chapter compared to last chapter. This is definitely feeling more difficult than other level 22 manga that I’ve read. I wonder how the level will shift after the book club is finished. :thinking:

第2話

美古都’s little faces through-out this chapter were really cute.

I’m a little surprised that 猫崎 making a rule-exception for 美古都 actually came back in this chapter. I honestly thought it was just a throw-away thing for some light conflict in the first chapter.

I was expecting 猫崎 to find some way to stay involved with the club, but I was not expecting her to become the advisor. Will definitely cause chaos in the group.

After 猫崎’s multiple failed attempts to confess last chapter, this page near the end of this chapter felt like 美古都’s payback.

Also, I just about melted at 美古都 with glasses. So cute!

And the way the title was brought into context at the end of the chapter was quite nice. I felt like the Leonardo DiCaprio pointing meme when I read that, lol.

To be completely honest, I wasn’t aware that was what hay fever was until I had to look up 花粉症. I just knew it was a sickness related to spring. No idea it was just allergies. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It’s kind of annoying that there’s no ToC. I had to check here to see how long the chapter was.

4 Likes

I entirely concur - especially cuz I had to thumb through the entire volume to make the table in the home thread (good thing I read it already)

It’s almost as annoying as when manga chapters in magazines don’t put the chapter number :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Opposite for me, and the lookups I did have were largely semi-familiar words. I’d say this feels comparable to other L22 manga I’ve read. Easier than some, harder than others. But I’m also further away from that level than I used to be

Out of curiosity, what’s making it feel difficult? Vocab, grammar, handwriting, dialect? I’m frustrated to discover I never wrote a review, so I can’t check what I found easy/hard about it the first time around :frowning:

chapter 2

素直じゃない子ね… Esp considering she’s literally lying and breaking rules, while being a student council rep… that will definitely stress you out. I hope she can chill a bit more soon.

And theドキドキ moments continue… That one was great!! :heart_eyes_cat:

It’s one of my fav things about this chapter!!

My other fav is Tsubaki being absolutely hilarious (tho I feel bad for her having to put up with Nekozaki being so inconsiderate and constantly ignoring her). Also I love her just being like “ok, yeah whatever, Nekozaki’s your advisor now” without blinking an eye

3 Likes

It’s the vocab that’s an issue for me. I was looking up several words a page, which I was not expecting going into this manga. The grammar is perfectly fine; I haven’t ran into a single point so far where the grammar was an issue for me.

I think it’s just that this mangaka’s writing style is different from others I have read, because the words that I looked up seemed to be normal, everyday words that I just hadn’t ran into before.

4 Likes

I definitely think this is more like level ~24 than 22 based on the first two chapters.

Not sure how I feel about it so far. I’m finding the art style + low resolution scans makes it hard to keep track of who is who, and the story hasn’t really pulled me in yet.

4 Likes

Interesting… Looking at my L23-24s, I find a good number of those to be harder than the first two chapters, for various reasons.

It’s possible my having read it (a year and a half ago) is influencing my perception. There’s a lot I don’t remember, but it probably makes it easier to track the characters at least. I’ll be curious to see how the level looks post-book club

Sry to hear. Hope next week’s chapter will do better there

2 Likes