Week 3 | Achtsam morden 🪨🔪 Krimi Book Club

Useful Links

Reading

Week Start Date Chapters Pages
3 July 22 12-15 56

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur. Remember to mark clearly what the spoiler is referring to, so people know when it’s safe to open (eg what part of the book it’s referring to, whether it’s speculation, etc)
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • Similarly, if you fall behind you’re still very welcome to post in this thread whenever you get to this week’s reading. Many members will have the thread on watching and will be happy to see your posts and reply, even a long time after the club has ended.
  • Questions on vocab, grammar, nuance, and the like are both welcome and encouraged. We’re all here to learn, and questions very often lead to interesting insights. No question is silly or too basic.
  • Participate: post about anything that comes to mind: how you like the book, how easy or hard you’re finding it, speculations about future developments, thoughts on specific plot points or characters, questions on comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, culture, anything! Lively book clubs are more fun, and every question, every opinion is valid and welcome, as long as it’s phrased nicely and respectfully towards others. :sparkling_heart:

Polls

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters

(The above poll is for measuring club participation. The poll below is so that you can mark your personal progress regarding this week’s section if you want. You can update whenever and as often as you like:)

• I have finished this week’s section
  • I haven’t started this week’s section yet
  • I’m currently reading this week’s section
0 voters
2 Likes

I was able to get the audiobook from the library, so I’m now listening with occasional looks at the text for things I missed.
Just finished chapter 12, and as expected, it was a riot :grin:

4 Likes

Sooo funny! It made me laugh out loud when he compared his butchering tent with a festival tent :rofl:

3 Likes

oops… I accidentally listened past this week’s goal by a chapter. :speak_no_evil:

As a native, this is such a nice relaxing read compared to Japanese. :melting_face:

5 Likes