Week 4 | Achtsam morden 🪨🔪 Krimi Book Club

Useful Links

Reading

Week Start Date Chapters Pages
4 July 29 16-20 58

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur. Remember to mark clearly what the spoiler is referring to, so people know when it’s safe to open (eg what part of the book it’s referring to, whether it’s speculation, etc)
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • Similarly, if you fall behind you’re still very welcome to post in this thread whenever you get to this week’s reading. Many members will have the thread on watching and will be happy to see your posts and reply, even a long time after the club has ended.
  • Questions on vocab, grammar, nuance, and the like are both welcome and encouraged. We’re all here to learn, and questions very often lead to interesting insights. No question is silly or too basic.
  • Participate: post about anything that comes to mind: how you like the book, how easy or hard you’re finding it, speculations about future developments, thoughts on specific plot points or characters, questions on comprehension, grammar, vocabulary, culture, anything! Lively book clubs are more fun, and every question, every opinion is valid and welcome, as long as it’s phrased nicely and respectfully towards others. :sparkling_heart:

Polls

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters

(The above poll is for measuring club participation. The poll below is so that you can mark your personal progress regarding this week’s section if you want. You can update whenever and as often as you like:)

• I have finished this week’s section
  • I haven’t started this week’s section yet
  • I’m currently reading this week’s section
0 voters

It seems that things are getting really complicated :sweat_smile: I can easily see how he gets to another couple of murders soon :see_no_evil: Curious to read how he’s going to pull them off…

2 Likes

Managed to finish this week’s section (just barely) in time, after all :partying_face:

Who would have thought that murdering a gangster and pretending to his underlings, rivals and police that he’s still around and giving orders would get complicated and dangerous :joy: Oh well, our main character can do his breathing exercises and everything will fall neatly into place, I’m sure.

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that the broken recording toy from Macdonalds he stupidly confessed to will soon come back to haunt him?

4 Likes

Ever since he recorded that final message, I’m waiting for that toy to come back to life in the most untimely of moments :rofl:

3 Likes