Week 3 ๐Ÿฐ ไปŠๆ—ฅใ‹ใ‚‰ใƒž็Ž‹! ๐Ÿ‘‘ | BL Book Club ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘จ

Week 3 of ไปŠๆ—ฅใ‹ใ‚‰ใƒž็Ž‹ is here! :tada:

1018b023-97c9-4269-b98e-8624e88e4212 e7bd7e83-a65d-446c-b5db-65b40591f93b

Book Club Links

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter End page (original) End page (combined - digital) No. of pages End page (combined - physical) No. of pages Notes
3 Dec 25 2 58 57 16 62 16 end of chapter

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers for the current week should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • Please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if itโ€™s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! Thatโ€™s a welcome part of the discussion, and other readers will be happy to help.
  • Even if you donโ€™t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post your thoughts.

Poll

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • Iโ€™m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • Iโ€™m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
2 Likes

Only reference of note I could find was to ใƒ‰ใƒฉใˆใ‚‚ใ‚“, which I assume everyone is familiar with.
I also tried to google the name of the horse, just in case, but that only brought images of this series.

In terms of plot,
Iโ€™m getting really curious about the magic. If Yuuri truly has as much magic as they say he does, surely he should be able to do something (soonish at least). Thereโ€™s also the possibility that magic, while being a thing, is extremely weakโ€ฆ but then there would be no explanation for the flying skeletons (or the dragons mentioned last week).
By the way, Yuuriโ€™s โ€œquestโ€ is to eradicate all humans, but that canโ€™t really be the case, since the country accepts human refugees. I guess itโ€™s more something like defeating the human kingdom, in practice?

In terms of BL, not much so far. I guess the scene where they have to sleep packed next to each other kinda count, but the main character was mostly annoyed about it rather than having the ใƒ‰ใ‚ญใƒ‰ใ‚ญs like I usually see in BL light novels :thinking:

3 Likes

I was wondering why it was so quiet on the main thread and only just now noticed it was divided to week threads :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

edit: on the 1st week I voted in the poll so I did notice and deleted from memory :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I also think that the celebration period is crushing our numbers (maybe).

4 Likes

I thought I was gonna be the only one to get that ref this time :sob: :sob:

Anyway, looks like weโ€™re making some progress and almost made it to the capital city. Would definitely like to see some more BL content soon. This bit was definitely sarcastic:

็œ‰ใพใ‚†ใ‚’้กฐใฒใใ‚ใ‚‹ใ€‚ใใ‚ƒใƒผใ‚ฎใƒฅใƒณใ‚ฟใƒผใ•ใพใƒผๆ†‚ใ†ใ‚Œใฃใฆใ‚‹ใŠๅงฟใ™ใŒใŸใ‚‚ใกใ‚‡ใƒผใ‚ซใƒƒใ‚ณใ‚คใ‚คใƒผ

2 Likes

Reading this makes me want to rewatch the anime. So nostalgic. :face_holding_back_tears:

But to those who are hoping for full blown BL - the anime had hints here and there, but I would not expect big love confessions and PDA.

4 Likes

Week 3 done; in slowly catching up. With any luck I can catch up this week instead of next as originally planned.

I couldnโ€™t remember if the girl giving him water was an honest assassination attempt or not, so it was nice to have just that tiny moment of tension as I read. Looking forward to him getting to the castle. Ugh, I bet the previous ้ญ”็Ž‹โ€™s speech patterns are going to be really relaxed as well. @.@

Iโ€™m really wanting to re-read the manga, especially since I got the first few cheap on Kindleโ€ฆ

Yep; what I remember of the series is definitely more vibes-based.

3 Likes

I looked it up and apparently neither the novel nor the manga got ever fully finished. :sob:

1 Like

Really? I thought I read that the manga did end.

I read the manga caught up with the LN and ended there, but since the LN never finished, itโ€™s not an actual ending. :sob:

1 Like

I read somewhere that the manga kept going until an (original) end, thus diverging from the LN.

2 Likes

Thatโ€™s what Iโ€™ve heard as well. Now Iโ€™m really curiousโ€ฆ :eyes:

1 Like