Schedule & Links

Week 4 July 28, 2024
Chapter 4
Pages 109 - 134
Previous Week week 3
Next week week 5
Home Thread thread

Discussion ground rules

• Any spoilers, for the current chapters must be behind spoilers or detail curtains. When we get further in you don’t need to hide details that were revealed in previous chapters.
  • Always mention where you are in the book when discussing, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting! But please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week :slight_smile:
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That can be part of the discussion too and I’m sure some folks would be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post in the thread for that reading once you have finished it. I advise not reading ahead in the threads as you may see spoilers.
Are you joining us for Week 4?
  • I’m reading along
  • I’m reading along, but at my own pace
  • I’m just following the discussion
0 voters
3 Likes
Summary

Half the club has thing for tsundere.

I wonder if Nekosaki was really lying. Maybe she really did kill someone…

2 Likes

Re: the club, I can see I’m in good company :joy: :sweat_smile:

And that is one of my favorite moments in the series precisely because honestly, it’s really not out of the realm of possibility

2 Likes

One question please~

Page 111

辺銀 is commenting on how the person doing the role of the criminal in that movie is actually a student at their school. Then this panel mentions they have not seen that person even one time since the entrance ceremony.

I have no clue what she means with “つられ辺銀なのでは?” though? My best guess is that it’s a pun using 辺銀’s name and maybe some set phrase that starts with つられ, but I couldn’t find anything of the sort.

2 Likes

Honestly, I’m not 100% sure, but my best guess is it’s 釣られ, and she’s teasing Pengin that maybe actress is trying to lure her in (to set a trap for, or murder her or something)? - in like a “messing w/ your friend after the movie” sorta way

2 Likes

Would make the manga more interesting if it were true…

1 Like
第4話

Everyone is messing around again instead of doing club activities. They need to get their ish together if they don’t want 猫崎 to actually disband the club, lol.

実古都 and 猫崎 buying each other rings was really nice. And I just about lost it at this panel when 実古都 realized which finger she put the ring on.

Also, 猫崎’s murder confession felt believable. I would have 100% believed it but I don’t think this is the kind of manga to go that direction. Of course, I’ve been wrong before…

Please no. I’d be worried about 実古都’s safety for the rest of the series. She is a pure cinnamon roll and must be protected. No yandere love-interest for her.

It’s okay, Mikoto would just do some ritual in her miko outfit to “purify” Nekozaki.

1 Like

I checked the fan translation on this, and it makes more sense than my guess

3 Likes
第4話

I appreciate that half the club knows exactly what’s going on, and is just waiting for the latest scoop lol

More like she needs to chill, lol

Miko being incredibly smooth without realizing it… And Nekozaki being all “no take backs”. It was nice to see Nekozaki in デレ more for a change. If only she could chill in general the others.

Also ugh, student-teacher subplot :frowning:

2 Likes

釣られる can mean “to be caught up in”/“to be enticed”.

So maybe it can be read as “caught up in [a rumor]” here?
Wouldn’t have guessed that without the translation, but it does make sense in context.

3 Likes

When I look 釣れる up in Takoboto, one definition for 釣る is: (甘言や魅力、宣伝文句、特典などにより)相手の気を引き、こちらの思うように誘導する。

Rough translation:
(via Smooth talk & charm/appeal, sales pitch, special privilege, etc), attracting the other party’s attention, and inducing/guiding it as one wishes

So that seems like it fits.

3 Likes

Btw, I made a poll about whether to continue with book 2 or not. So if you’re interested in doing so, plz vote there.

1 Like