Week 5 ๐Ÿฐ ไปŠๆ—ฅใ‹ใ‚‰ใƒž็Ž‹! ๐Ÿ‘‘ | BL Book Club ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘จ

Week 5 is here~! :slightly_smiling_face:

1018b023-97c9-4269-b98e-8624e88e4212 e7bd7e83-a65d-446c-b5db-65b40591f93b

Book Club Links

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter End page (original) End page (combined- digital) No. of pages End page (combined - physical) No. of pages Notes
5 Jan 8 3 91 88 15 95 15 end of chapter

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers for the current week should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • Please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if itโ€™s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! Thatโ€™s a welcome part of the discussion, and other readers will be happy to help.
  • Even if you donโ€™t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post your thoughts.

Poll

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • Iโ€™m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • Iโ€™m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters

I am caught up. :open_mouth: The LN feels a lot slower than the anime, but that might also just be my reading speed. :rofl:

2 Likes

I already forgot what happened in this part. Thatโ€™s the bath scene with the sexy ladyโ„ข right? I remember thinking โ€œokay how is that BL thenโ€ especially when he screams he likes girls just after :joy:
I mean, I got an answer later but maybe not this part? Later.

2 Likes

Tbf, I donโ€™t even know since I read chapters 1-3 in more or less one go. but yes, we have encountered a sexy lady in the bath either this or last chapter. :sweat_smile: this chapter ends when he sees the portrait of the blonde dude.

2 Likes

I read the rest of the book in almost one go starting from here, so I know the bath scene is at the very beginning of this part.

who looks like a certain someone. And ใƒฆใƒผใƒช looks like another portrait (by which they mean he is Asian looking, but whatever) and the two of them where good friendsโ„ข :eyes:

3 Likes

Oooh, Iโ€™m almost caught up~ Switching to the digital version was the right move, I think. I liked the little history lesson with all the portraits.

Iโ€™m wondering if I missed this part? :thinking: Was this just referenced in ใ‚ฎใƒฅใƒณใ‚ฟใƒผโ€™s little โ€œ้—‡ใฏๅ…‰ใ‚’ใ€ๅ…‰ใฏ้—‡ใ‚’โ€ speech at the very end of the chapter?

I had the same thought, haha. โ€œDang ๆœ‰ๅˆฉ, double-check what club is reading youโ€. :rofl:

I did have a few questions; hopefully theyโ€™re not too much of a pain to type on mobile:

Right at the beginning of the week, ๆœ‰ๅˆฉ is going over all the wacky stuff off the day, and mentions:

โ€ฆ็š†ใ•ใ‚“ใฎๅฎŸๅนด้ฝขใฏ่ฆ‹ใŸ็›ฎใ‚ซใ‚ฑใƒซไบ”ใ ใจๅ‘Š็™ฝใ•ใ‚Œใ‚‹โ€ฆ

What does the bolded refer to?

Later, after ๆœ‰ๅˆฉโ€™s out of the bath and examining his new underwear, ใ‚ฎใƒฅใƒณใ‚ฟใƒผ says:

่„ฑใŒใ›ใ‚„ใ™ใ„ไธ‹็€ใ‚’้ฟใ‘ใ‚‹ใจใ„ใ†ใ“ใจใฏใ€ๆ‰‰ใ‚’ๅฉใ็ง่‡ช่บซใ‚’ๆ‹’ใพใ‚ŒใŸใ‚‚ๅŒ็„ถใงโ€ฆ

And then gets all flustered for his ไธๅŸ’ใชๆƒณๅƒ. Itโ€™s the bolded giving me trouble here; what isใ‚ฎใƒฅใƒณใ‚ฟใƒผ saying?

And finally, what is ๅ‰ตไธป? Both pronunciation and definition? I tried searching in my copy, but it didnโ€™t appear before this section afaik? I take it itโ€™s referring to enemies of ็œž้ญ”ๅ›ฝ?

1 Like

Yes. That speech, plus maybe a few sus sentences beforehand? I donโ€™t remember exactly.

ๆŽ›ใ‘ใ‚‹ means โ€œto multiplyโ€ (as in the mathematical operation). Everyone is 5 times older than their apparent age.

โ€ฆ I am going to get flustered too butโ€ฆ

โ€œWearing underwear that are hard to remove is the same thing as(ใจใ„ใ†ใ“ใจใฏ~ใ‚‚ๅŒ็„ถ) rejecting me who came โ€˜knocking at the doorโ€™/preventing me from โ€˜getting inโ€™โ€
(i.e., wearing hard to remove underwear is like saying you donโ€™t want to have sex (with him specifically in this case))
Itโ€™s very direct.

ใใ†ใ—ใ‚…, according to wikipedia page of the series (that was also my gut reading from the kanji).

Thereโ€™s no particular definition, but based on kanji, founders (because thereโ€™s a ใŸใก if I remember correctly)? But yes, they are described as being in opposition to ็œž็Ž‹.

1 Like

Ah, thatโ€™s what was missing; thanks!

Hahaha, I see it now. I think the ๆ‰‰ใ‚’ๅฉใ was what was going over my head there. You wouldnโ€™t think his mind would be that deep in the gutter, but here we are.

Excellent, thanks!

1 Like

The author reassuring us on the kind of book we are currently reading.

1 Like