Week 5 🎀 女装してめんどくさい事になってるネクラとヤンキーの両片想い 👗 BL Book Club

Summary - Japanese

お互いの好きな人は、嫌いなヤツが女装した姿!?

可愛く朗らかな女の子・「花」
凛とした美人・「めい」
二人はお互いに好きだと気づいていない両片思い!
…しかし、互いにバレてはいけない秘密が…。

Summary - English

Shuumei has a problem. He’s in love with a girl who works at a maid cafe, but he’s too cool to go into a place like that without being embarrassed. But girls can go to maid cafes without seeming creepy, right? When he dresses in feminine clothes and transforms himself into “Mei,” he can finally walk into the place to meet the girl of his dreams: the lovely blonde Hana. Meanwhile, Hanae is an introverted otaku who’s uncomfortable talking to people…unless he’s dressed in feminine clothes himself. While decked out in his best dresses [note: incorrect, he is wearing a “uniform”, in the sense that it belongs to the shop], he works at a maid cafe, and finds himself crushing on a young woman who regularly comes to visit him: a cool beauty named Mei! In this delightful LGBT+ romcom, two young people in love are about to find out a lot about each other–and themselves.

Book Club Links

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chaps
5 Apr 15 ex. 3-4

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.

Polls

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
3 Likes

That was a fun read! Thanks @bibliothecary for running the club and @Naphthalene for nominating!

6 Likes

Finished!!
Cute read and I have to say that the name is super accurate to the plot lmao
@bibliothecary thank you for running things :heart_hands: and @Naphthalene thank you for nominating!

I had this manga for a while now without touching it so it’s nice to have the actual V on it :joy:

5 Likes

I saw this was nominated for the BL book club, and noticed it was free to read on Amazon until tomorrow, so I read it tonight. What a great recommendation! I laughed so much, especially that part in chapter two with the wigs.

5 Likes

That’s how I started reading the series (and ended up nominating it). I have read everything except the last published volume, it was great!

5 Likes