Week 7 🏰 今ζ—₯γ‹γ‚‰γƒžηŽ‹! πŸ‘‘ | BL Book Club πŸ‘¨β€β€οΈβ€πŸ‘¨

1018b023-97c9-4269-b98e-8624e88e4212 e7bd7e83-a65d-446c-b5db-65b40591f93b

Book Club Links

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter End page (original) End page (combined- digital) No. of pages End page (combined - physical) No. of pages Notes
7 Jan 22 4 117 113 12 121 12 end of chapter

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers for the current week should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • Please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion, and other readers will be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post your thoughts.

Poll

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
1 Like

This was one of my favourite parts in the anime, especially because of the whole slap=engagement misunderstanding! But mostly I’m happy Yuuri stood up when Wolfram was slandering his family. Reading it now, though, it does seem a little silly that everyone just goes along with it when obviously Yuuri is basically a foreigner who has no idea of their customs. I assume rational people would usually just laugh it off as a mistake. But then again, we wouldn’t have our drama if they did, would we?

1 Like

Wait, that’s this week? Oops, I was commenting about that in the previous week thread :upside_down_face:

My impression though is that it’s not really β€œofficial” anyway since both parties didn’t agree. (That being said, if ι­”ηŽ‹ says β€œwe are getting married”, I don’t think you have much room to say no?)

2 Likes

Ah, this is where we get the proposal. :partying_face:

3 Likes

So, my original comment (in the wrong week; edited for context) was

So, ζœ‰εˆ© made another guy blush? :stuck_out_tongue:
(To be fair, about the previous part [Gunter’s rant about β€œdoors”], turns out it was because of the shampoo all along)

I’m going to put it where (I hope) it belongs. Hopefully I won’t make mistakes like that anymore.

I have to say that I’m glad that we have a love interest in the same age range (when factoring in species differences)

3 Likes

So quick question for whoever knows: how informal is the term γŠγ΅γγ‚? Does it show any particular closeness on ζœ‰εˆ©β€™s part with his mother?

Edit: finished up this week, just before the deadline, haha.

I’m with you there; that, plus the whole β€œif you pick up a knife they intentionally dropped you accept their duel” felt a bit forced. At least with the slap = proposal it felt like the mom was egging it on more than anything.

I wonder if there’s a time limit on this sort of thing? :thinking: Could Wolfram offer the other cheek five months down the line?

Wolfram is the thousand-year-old vampire in this scenario, hahaha. I do wonder how long ζœ‰εˆ© will live, given his half parentage.

1 Like

it is informal, and 男性 speech. It is a term of endearment, so I don’t know if that means they are close, but at least he doesn’t hate her.

1 Like

Ah, nice, thank you! It reminds me of calling your mother an β€œold bag” in English, which is definitely not a term of endearment, haha.

1 Like

I sure hope so (once they are closer)

1 Like

Still thinking about this; do you (or anyone else reading) know if there are any good resources detailing the nuances of familial terms like this one?

1 Like

The dictionary would be my go-to, but if you mean something that focuses on informal terms, then no.

Online dictionary link for γŠγ΅γγ‚: γŠγ΅γγ‚γ¨γ―οΌŸ 意味・θͺ­γΏζ–Ήγƒ»δ½Ώγ„ζ–Ήγ‚’γ‚γ‹γ‚Šγ‚„γ™γθ§£θͺ¬ - gooε›½θͺžθΎžζ›Έ

1 Like