Week 8 ๐Ÿฐ ไปŠๆ—ฅใ‹ใ‚‰ใƒž็Ž‹! ๐Ÿ‘‘ | BL Book Club ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘จ

1018b023-97c9-4269-b98e-8624e88e4212 e7bd7e83-a65d-446c-b5db-65b40591f93b

Book Club Links

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter End page (original) End page (combined- digital) No. of pages End page (combined - physical) No. of pages Notes
8 Jan 29 5 132 127 14 136 15 end of chapter

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers for the current week should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • Please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if itโ€™s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! Thatโ€™s a welcome part of the discussion, and other readers will be happy to help.
  • Even if you donโ€™t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post your thoughts.

Poll

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • Iโ€™m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • Iโ€™m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
1 Like

Finished this week! That was a pretty cute chapter: ๆœ‰ๅˆฉ geeking out about baseball, and we learn a little bit more about ใ‚ณใƒณใƒฉใƒƒใƒ‰โ€™s past.

I am a little curious, though; I wonder how exactly the whole โ€œsend the future ้ญ”็Ž‹โ€ thing worked out? As far as I can tell: the ้ญ”็Ž‹โ€™s soul was injured in a past life and had to heal. Once it was healed ใ‚ณใƒณใƒฉใƒƒใƒ‰ took it to Earth and began to look for a good place for the ้ญ”็Ž‹ to grow up. Itโ€™s after that that Iโ€™m not sure, or maybe we just havenโ€™t gotten that info yet. ใ‚ณใƒณใƒฉใƒƒใƒ‰ met ๆœ‰ๅˆฉโ€™s heavily-pregnant mother (she was heading to the hospital, right?) in a taxi, though he doesnโ€™t make it clear whether that was the first time heโ€™d met her. Soon after ๆœ‰ๅˆฉ is born. So at what point did the ้ญ”็Ž‹โ€™s soul move to ๆœ‰ๅˆฉโ€™s mother, and where does his dad come into play?

Anyway, the duel should be next chapter, I guess. Looking forward to that based on what I remember of the manga.

1 Like

Was it injured? I remember that it got endangered, but not the details. Things are already getting foggy in my memory :sweat_smile:

Wait, I was sure that it was ็œž็Ž‹ who sent the soul to Earth? And ใ‚ณใƒณใƒฉใƒƒใƒ‰ just went to see how it was going.

Huh, I thought the soul got there at conception, especially since his father is ้ญ”ๆ—. (Hopefully thatโ€™s not a spoiler for this week; that info also made me realize that his father was insistent on having him go on Star Tour on purpose, so his father, at the very least, knew about the situation).

1 Like

Iโ€™m pretty sure thatโ€™s what they said. :thinking: ใ‚ณใƒณใƒฉใƒƒใƒ‰ mentioned something about the soul โ€œturning white againโ€ or somesuch.

Now Iโ€™m doubting myself. :sweat_smile: Anyone else reading along who can weigh in?

Not a spoiler; I believe that was revealed in week 7.

2 Likes

Iโ€™ll go back and check. I need to rest my brain from ๅพ่ผฉใฏ็Œซใงใ‚ใ‚‹ anyway.

Edit: ah, I found what you are talking about

ๅ‰ไธ–ใฎๅ‚ทใ‚’ใ™ในใฆ็™’ใ—ใฆใ€็œŸใฃ็™ฝใซใชใฃใŸ้™›ไธ‹ใฎ้ญ‚ใ‚’ใŠ่ญทใ‚Šใ—ใชใŒใ‚‰

So, for me, the first part just means that the soul forgot its previous life (ๅ‰ไธ–) and got wiped out (thus becoming white; we were told that souls are supposed to forget about their past and itโ€™s a bad thing he got to be forced to remember the language). For the โ€œprotectingโ€ part, I thought it meant he just guarded ใƒฆใƒผใƒชโ€˜s pregnant mother (where the soul was). However, I can see what you mean now.

I went back to the place talking about ็œž็Ž‹ sending the soul, and I guess it sounds more like he ordered the transfer rather than doing it himself? Anyway, I also found a part I forgot that mentioned that Earthโ€™s ้ญ”็Ž‹ received the soul and chose an appropriate father. So itโ€™s possible that ใ‚ณใƒณใƒฉใƒผใƒ‰ did the transfer.

3 Likes

Ah, thanks for the clarification! Hopefully the process is clarified a bit later; these are important lore details Iโ€™m missing. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Ah, also, just realized that, time-wise, ใƒฆใƒผใƒชโ€˜s mother canโ€™t be pregnant before a father has been chosen. So ใ‚ณใƒณใƒฉใƒผใƒ‰ was around the whole time anyway (until birth at least). I think the taxi is the only time he met the mother proper (but I think itโ€™s not clear)

2 Likes

Thinking about it, the father wouldโ€™ve had to have been around for a good while, considering that ๆœ‰ๅˆฉ has an older brother. (I guess they could be step-siblings, granted; I donโ€™t think thatโ€™s been explicitly stated or not yet.)

1 Like