What are you reading today?

I would love if they made a full anime adaption, but I suspect that’s not likely. It’s just that the anime was so vibrant and well animated, while the art in the manga is so plain.

2 Likes

A full anime adaptation would be amazing. There have been some examples of anime getting new seasons after a long gap recently so I have my fingers crossed that maybe with all the hype from it ending we could get a season two but I’m not gonna get my hopes up too much.

2 Likes

For anyone whos used Audible.jp for a while, do some titles get removed from 聴き放題 catalogue somethimes like Kindle Unlimited?

I was just about to start listening to スレイヤーズ Vol 15 (the last audiobook volume!!) but then I saw
Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 11.09.28

I thought I got locked out or something but I can still listen to other series fine, I’m just noticing that KADOKAWA titles are locked now, perhaps they are pulling their titles?

If someone with a membership would be kind enough to test this out that would be helpful.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/dp/B094HNDHJQ/ref=tmm_aud_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1714126380&sr=1-4

It would be really disappointing if they pulled their titles, I love listening to audiobooks while i do stuff :frowning:

1 Like

I can access vol 15 no problem with the 聴き放題 :thinking:

2 Likes

Region locking is per series usually, though all my Kadokawa series are locked out now (none are things I had already downloaded), and give me the region error when I click on them.

Edit: all my non-Kadokawa titles are fine right now

2 Likes

That’s interesting, I can only listen to ones that are still downloaded on the app. Thanks for testing that out!

Same for me

1 Like

Moral of the story: download everything you might be interested in, in case they region lock it later

Edit: but afaict the only stuff that’s region locking for me is Kadokawa. I haven’t tried outright purchasing one, cuz I’m not about to spend 2,450円 to find out whether that works

2 Likes

same. :thinking:

Maybe it’s a US issue?

1 Like

This is my experience at the moment.

@Biblio or @Naphthalene, you don’t have to answer ofcourse but what country are you in? I might try using a VPN to see if that does anything, given that I had to use VPN to sign up in the first place.

1 Like

Austria :mountain_snow:

2 Likes

Thanks! but it didn’t work unfortunately.

It’s quite strange though, because it shows up as available through amazon.jp but once I click on Listen Now it gives me some error message about the title information still being in the process of loading.

oh well, plenty of non KADOKAWA titles to enjoy at least.

1 Like

have you tried “add to library” instead of listening now? I am always using the app, not the browser… (but just in case, I tested the streaming option in browser, and that works, too)

very strange, indeed.

Tried that too, didn’t work either シクシク :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

Sorry for the constant messages, but it’s magically resolved itself. I have it downloading on the app now :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

3 Likes

Lucky… Still doesn’t work for me :frowning: really wish there was somewhere else to find them

I set my VPN to japan for a while and I read a reddit post about changing your card address to an address in a region you want to buy a title from. I have a tenso address on my account so I thought I’d try switching my card address to that to see if it would do anything, and it didn’t seem to but when i came back to my pc after a break, the kadokawa titles were available again.

So that may have done the trick but my audible is billed through the apple store, so I don’t know why that would change anything but you could try that.

1 Like

Ohhhh I didn’t know about tenso… will keep in mind for the future. I’m not reading any Kadokawa novels rn, but definitely relevant for future picks

1 Like

I’m in Japan, so my experience won’t be very helpful anyway :sweat_smile:

It seems you found a way to fix it, so it doesn’t really matter I guess.

If I remember, I’ll check if something changes next time I go abroad.

1 Like

If I read one more volume of manga I’ll beat my record for most manga read in a month, which was 19 back in August 2022.

7 Likes