What are you watching today?

Probably they were hoping being able to announce a Season 2 by the end of the episode, and the episode was already made or something like that.

It’s not unusual to see this happen to manga series/light novel series.

They are betting on the fact that if there’s no S2, you might want to jump to the manga or light novel.

The light novel has an offer in Amazon, so… all according to the plan I guess.

2 Likes

I just checked again, and Netflix JP is getting the new Spice and Wolf. So I’ll probably check out the first episode. If it’s stupidly hard I may just drop it or swap it for English subs though.

3 Likes

Episode #1 was ok-ish, but they did not discuss business in this episode, and I will watch it anyway. Most easiest was the start where Horo talks with her daughter about the time when all things started.

2 Likes

It won’t be on Netflix until Friday for some reason, so I’ll try to watch it over the weekend.

2 Likes

Finished Saiki K season 1 and left a review! I really enjoyed this show, I’ve been on a comedy anime binge ever since my Japanese has gotten good enough to enjoy puns and this show had me gen laughing out loud. Maybe I should pick up the manga (or even the DS game lol)

If there are any other N3 or above learners who like anime like Nichijou, then def check this show out!

5 Likes

Finished 僕の心のヤバイやつ | L22. It’s cute and I’m glad I watched it, but wasn’t the best, and the second season felt kinda dragged out. I had to watch most of it without subs, and found it harder to follow than I was expecting. So I’m giving the manga a try, to pinpoint/reinforce the points that weren’t obvious. I’m not sure how long it will hold my interest though.

Also finished my rewatch of ぼっち・ざ・ろっく! L28 - which I loved just as much as the first time. I’m almost done w/ vol 2 of the manga, which is where the anime ends. So I’m really curious to see where it goes after that.

That just leaves ゆびさきと恋々 | L23 to finish up.

2 Likes

wait, there’s an anime adaption that only goes up to a second vol of a manga? Does the anime have a lot of original content or something?

Almost no filler at all. Just a solid amount of content that fits perfectly into 12 episodes. For context, this isn’t a standard B6-size manga, and it has lots of text, plus the anime has the band performance and rehearsal scenes:

Still holding out hope for a 2nd season

1 Like

It’s common for adaptions of Manga Time Kirara 4-koma series to cover two volumes in a 12 episode adaptation. Each volume tends to have 12-13 chapters and each episode will generally adapt two chapters.

4 Likes

I’m always amazed of how much content they can extract from a 4-koma and is nice to see when they do it right and succeed.

Sometimes I get surprised when I check the original content and find out it’s a 4-koma.

1 Like

Any specific examples? I think I’m starting to find 4-koma can be really hit or miss in terms of adaptation. Even when they’re adapted well, sometimes it just clicks better for me in the original format, for some reason.

Series like Bocchi or New Game (both Manga Time KR) work quite well in both formats tho.

damn, didn’t know that, interesting! I haven’t read a 4koma in a looong time haha

2 Likes

The first to come to mind that surprised me that was a 4-koma for example 未確認で進行形 1 | L24??

1 Like

I’m officially giving up on watching Spice and Wolf at least on my first run in Japanese only :rofl:

So it’s the first “English subs” status

6 Likes

Business speak, or something else?

2 Likes

It’s a mix, the way Holo speaks, the sayings, the business speak. The vocabulary… it’s a nasty combination.

3 Likes

Example of her dialect: ありんす=あります、ありんせん=ありません、わっち=私、わっちゃあ=私は、てくりゃれ=てください、おる=いる、じゃ=だ、etc.

5 Likes

Gotcha… I’m both intrigued, and not really wanting to get into a super hard series rn… So sounds like it’s good that I’m holding off

Worse than Inuyasha dialects (which aren’t so bad, just lots of variations). Sounds like a nice challenge tho, when I get there

3 Likes

Apparently the original anime version was nearly fifteen years ago now, which makes me feel old :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh yeah definitely had that struggle/feeling too :melting_face:

1 Like