"What should I read next?" Megathread

I’m still reading 西の魔女が死んだ | L27 but I thought I might as well get this one started early. Which one should I start first? As before, I’ll close after I finish the next ヴァンパイア大使アンジュ (might take a while). Thanks again :wave:

1 Like

I finished ヴァンパイア大使アンジュ #5 so I closed this one and started タイム・リープ<上> あしたはきのう | L30 today. It feels just like 時をかける少女 | L25 (but even better??). I mean it’s literally called Time Leap, I wonder if it was inspired by it. Toki seems like a pretty popular story so I wouldn’t be surprised if that was the case. Anyway, I think I’m going to enjoy this one. I didn’t really like 西の魔女が死んだ but it looks like I was right to not lose faith in Natively voters. Maybe I should read more SF. :thinking:

4 Likes

What manga should I read next?

1 Like

I just read a few pages of the English version of 棺担ぎのクロ。~懐中旅話~ to gauge if it’s as interesting as the cover suggests, and… damn straight it is. Thanks for posting this!

3 Likes

I am contributing to the 吸血鬼 Appreciation Society by reading and grading a children’s book featuring vampires, and you — yes, you! — are contributing by voting for which one I read.

Children’s vampire books let’s gooooooo
  • 44bbfc38-b3c4-4a79-8408-bb15f3a9c723
    霧島くんは普通じゃない The heroine falls in love with a hot vampire boy who has two hot vampire boy brothers he doesn’t get along with. Also, he has a pet mink. Has the best art of the three options.
  • d3479dbd-b5c3-40ea-b063-6c0d5121c005
    ヴァンパイア溺愛パラダイス The heroine’s childhood best friend turns out to be, surprise! a hot vampire boy, who joins a club at school for hot vampire boys with wacky colored hair. Is this Ouran Host Club but with vampires? Gosh I hope so.
  • 90fec716-0f69-4db7-84ea-95b91ca96b2e
    ドラキュラの町で、二人は The heroine gets bitten by a vampire cat named Draculala. There’s a hot vampire boy in there probably but who cares about that when there’s a vampire cat named Draculala.

0 voters

3 Likes

Draculala sold me. Top tier name.

5 Likes

Apparently, I’m the only one who tried to maximize the number of hot vampire boys. :thinking:
(so far)

5 Likes

When it comes to boys vs cats the scales are tipped for me. :person_shrugging: :cat2:

8 Likes

Good day Natively, I am once again in need of your assistance (October 吸血鬼 edition)

0 voters

2 Likes

Not anymore! Usually I’d also be on the side of the cats, but here I want to find out if it truely is “Ouran Host Club but with vampires” (without having to read it and being potentially disappointed).

3 Likes

I am surprised but delighted that ドラキュラの町で、二人は has won, and will let you all know if it lives up to the Draculala hype.

5 Likes

Alright I finished my last book so it’s finally time for me to start book #2 of the October 吸血鬼 marathon. It looks like 人外サーカス | L33 has won this round. I’m guessing that you guys voted for this one because the description of “Vampires vs the circus :clown_face:” sounds absolutely ridiculous. I’ll let you guys know if it’s actually as crazy as it sounds.

4 Likes

Good day Natively, I know that I am taking absolutely forever to finish 人外サーカス but I thought I might as well start this next one up.

0 voters

3 Likes

Obviously gonna vote for the murder mystery :joy:

1 Like

I’m about to DNF a boring book, so help me choose a (hopefully more exciting) next read!

0 voters

2 Likes

かがみの孤城 is my favorite book in Japanese so far, so I recommend that one! At 550 pages it is a bit long as you said, but I think it’s a relatively quick read since it’s on the easier side. I read the whole thing in about 2.5 weeks, which is about how long I usually spend reading a 300 page book.

7 Likes

I voted for Tearmoon, since I’m a proponent of continuing reading series that’ve already been started that and I need to finish my own volume of Tearmoon…

4 Likes

The poll time’s not quite over yet, but the overwhelming consensus seems to be かがみの孤城, so that’s what I’ll be reading next. Thanks for the help, everyone!

5 Likes

I am once again in need of your help :slight_smile:

4 Likes