Audiovisual initial feedback and requests

Here’s another one: うる星やつら S1 | L30?? (learnnatively.com) (only 23 episodes anywhere else)

Which has its own similarly mind-boggling thread where they decided not to change it

4 Likes

facepalm

And it’s the same moderator…

3 Likes

… i’m getting the sense that if the episodes are <24 mins, I should be suspicious. Whyy TMDB…

4 Likes

Small bug. On the Videos list page the item types are treated as “and” instead of “or”. It doesn’t matter much since there are only two options, but I accidentally selected both Movie and TV and was surprised to get no results instead of everything.

And now I see a bigger bug with genres. If you select a genre with no results, then the page gets stuck in a state of no results, even after unselecting that genre.

1 Like

Something wonky happening here

1 Like

See Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion - #865 by brandon for an update!

@Megumin I’ve changed the UI away from a progress bar to a simple episode number with an ‘ongoing’ tag next to it. I don’t really count ‘unaired’ episodes in the dashboard as you can’t watch them yet… but I agree it’s a bit confusing.

2 Likes

I do prefer it this way but take in mind you will need to eventually find an alternative color for the dark theme.

The size of the /xx and color makes it very hard to read, even if it’s the same color as “TV Season”

2 Likes

Should I write up an official bug report for this one?

1 Like

AUDIOVISUAL UPDATE

• Now allow grading tv seasons after 4 episodes have been watched
  • Added a ‘Providers’ section on every Movie and TV Season page
  • @seanblue fixed that bug (I think) for video libraries where they would get stuck after you filter to zero results

Next Up

• Improve TV stats (will be posting and discussing tomorrow, as there are concerns we should talk about)
2 Likes

Maybe a slight bug here? I’ve watched 12 episodes of HunterxHunter and 4 episodes of D. Gray-man, but neither will allow me the option to grade:

Also, would it be possible to alphabetize the Watching In list in the new Providers section? (Which I love; I can never figure out what place is streaming what.)

1 Like

Dunno if this will help with debugging, but this is what’s currently recorded on my dashboard for D. Gray-man:

1 Like

Ah, i see. So this will be fixed if I make the ‘Min’ input optional, but the system works best if you put the current episode as episode 5 minute 0. Right now, the system still thinks you’re watching episode 4… which is why you haven’t reached the limit.

Edit:

Yeah, I think it’d be nice to be able to surface ‘favorite locations’. But alphabetical makes sense…

1 Like

Interesting. :thinking: I’ve updated that as you suggested, and still no luck:

I’m also seeing an odd-looking update on my Activity feed after moving my current time to ep. 5, 0 min:

I was actually thinking about suggesting that as well; it’s such a long list to scroll through, haha.

1 Like

Ah. There actually was a bug there, but I’ve fixed it for you :slight_smile:

You can also always just put ‘Any’ if you’re not worried about the location. And then if you see a provider you like, you can click the icon to see a list of the regions it’s available in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whoa, smart. :open_mouth: Thanks for the tip!

Should I be seeing the bug fix now? Or will that come in a later update?

1 Like

It should be fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m still not seeing anything, sadly:

1 Like

Ah! I see. So there’s a bug with grading from that tv season page (doesn’t ever show the grade prompt for in progress books, need to fix that), but you will find the grade prompt in your account dropdown in the top nav OR in the gradings section of your dashboard :slight_smile:

You banged out two bug reports in one issue!

1 Like

Looks like both are showing up fine; thanks! :+1:

What can I say; I like breaking things. :wink:

2 Likes

Feedback Needed

So let’s chat TV stats! Fair warning, this is getting into the weeds :slight_smile:

The Functionality We Need

Natively needs to know when you watched a tv episode or a partial tv episode. This is important for showcasing your episodes watched or minutes watched over time. Currently, there are three places we can look:

• Your user TV season start & end dates
  • Your particular user TV episode start & end dates (you can edit these in the episodes section of the tv season page
  • Your watch sessions (these are generated whenever you ‘update your progress’ from your dashboard… and can span multiple episodes.

The Problem

What happens if you generate a bunch of watch sessions and then later on, you edit the start and end dates for a tv season to be way earlier, like sometime last year? What happens if you generate a multi-episode watch session and then go to one episode and change the dates to something other than the watch session? How do we resolve these conflicts?

Proposed solution

• Priority goes: TV season start & end dates > User TV episode dates > Watch session dates
  • If the total number of minutes watched for a season (i.e the sum of all finished episode minutes) is not applied to a time bucket, apply any remaining minutes at the season ‘end’ date. This situation will occur only when there are conflicts.
  • Implement popup management dialog so that you can manage watch session, season dates & episode dates. Showcase conflicts here.
  • By default, do not add dates to TV episodes when auto marked finished by a watch session or quick marking a season finished. Only add date if individually toggled or edited.

Conclusion
I know it’s a little complicated, but that’s what happens when you have multiple sources of truth. Let me know what you think :slight_smile:

4 Likes