šŸ‘Øā€ā¤ļøā€šŸ‘Ø BL Book Club šŸŽ“ BL University šŸ“š

I was kind of interested in this club, but now I see that most of the nominations are novels and pretty much all of them are level 30+ RIP :cry:

7 Likes

Once this voting period ends and a the lowest-voted books get chopped out, you should nominate something youā€™d be interested in reading!

5 Likes

Itā€™s a long shot (3 votes behind) but my nomination is a LV25 manga :eyes:
(The å„³č£… one)

5 Likes

I donā€™t see any votes from @obscureniche, so that could turn into a 2 votes behind situation. Just think of how close to a tie we are.

2 Likes

Voting for it.

3 Likes

It looks like everyone is in favour of disqualifying a select number of titles from automatically rolling over to the next nomination cycle, with ā€œthe lowest voted š‘„ nominationsā€ being the most popular choice, so letā€™s vote on the number of nominations to cut.

• Everyone gets 3 votes, which Iā€™m anticipating will be used for grouped selections (2, 3, 4) rather than random (1, 7, 11 or more) but no oneā€™s gonna stop you, let chaos reign!
  • Remember that the winning title will also be removed, so if youā€™d like the next cycle to have 5 empty slots for fresh nominations, you would select 4.
How many of the lowest-voted titles should be eliminated?
  • 11 or more
0 voters

There may be occasions where the the lowest-voted nominations have the same number of votes as one or more titles just above the cutoff.

For example, if it was decided that the lowest-voted 3 titles should be eliminated, then the books in positions 18, 19, and 20 would be disqualified from the next nomination cycle. However, if book 17 has the same number of votes as 18, it could be argued that they are tied, and so should both be disqualified.

What should happen when books on either side of the cutoff are tied?
  • Only the lowest-voted š‘„ titles should be removed
  • The lowest-voted š‘„ titles and any ties should be removed
0 voters
1 Like

Take into account that any newly added book/manga/etc is going to be registered as ā€œlevel 30ā€ automatically and only from then on start getting higher or lower rating hence the ??? Next to them
So there are possibly easier or more difficult books here that arenā€™t registered as such yet

Edit: I would like to add that from rumors I heard that the kkm novel (the one currently on top of the voting) shouldnā€™t be too difficult
I myself tried the first 3 pages to see and it looked between N3 to N2 but not above, though it didnā€™t exactly reach the fantasy or political parts yet so I canā€™t promise anythingšŸ˜…

4 Likes

I remember a lot of pretty casual language in the beginning of that book, though admittedly itā€™s been a while.

2 Likes

Question here: supposing that no one else votes before the current poll closes, last place has 2 votes, and the next six books have three votes each. Pretend that we decide to cut the 3 lowest-voted books; the current tie would cut way more than 3 or 4 books. How should we proceed then?

2 Likes

Well, if people want the ties cut as well, I guess thereā€™d be 8 eliminatedā€¦ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Or we could have more polls to decide which one to get rid of. :see_no_evil:

2 Likes
More polls?
  • More polls! :bar_chart:
  • More poles! :barber:
  • More Poles! :poland:
0 voters
6 Likes

I feel this poll represents very well the type of people in this bookclubā€¦ :rofl:

6 Likes

Another little update: any volume in a series that can be read as a standalone book can be nominated. This poll is now closed. :slightly_smiling_face:

download

4 Likes

BL is a gay love story?

BL is short for Boys Love, so it often focuses on the romantic or sexual relationship between male characters, but theyā€™re not strictly love stories.

4 Likes

Thanks I didnā€™t know that this was a thing. Iā€™m out.

Not quite JP related, but it seems that Gravitation will be coming back into print in English:

Just thought of you guys since we were recently discussing it, haha.

4 Likes

I do not want to admit how many fanfics I read of thisā€¦ so no, do not remember it. :laughing:

5 Likes

Weā€™ve had 22 voters so far?!? Honestly, thatā€™s a lot more than I expected for this club. :tada:

6 Likes