Chapter 3 🧙 Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone 🪄 Multilingual 💬

Harry Potter lives in the cupboard under the stairs at his uncle and aunt’s house at number four, Privet Drive - until the day when a mysterious letter arrives from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and a giant on a flying motorcycle arrives to change his life with four simple words: ‘Harry - yer a wizard.’

Natively Links

Book Club Links

Reading Schedule

The regular schedule covers one chapter a week, but if you find this too fast, the relaxed schedule covers one chapter every two weeks. :slightly_smiling_face:

Regular Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter
3 Apr 15 Chapter 3

Relaxed Schedule

Week Start Date Chapter
5 Apr 29 Chapter 3 (first half)
6 May 6 Chapter 3 (second half)

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.

Polls

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
3 Likes

Finished this week’s reading for :kr: :norway: :de:! :smiley:

Guess I might as well start the :jp: translation as well…

4 Likes

I read chapter 3 in Spanish last night. Very enjoyable and very difficult to stop and not carry on to chapter 4!

4 Likes

I’ve always loved the instances of humor in these earlier books; a good example is this week, talking about the stick that all the Smeltings boys carry around to smack each other with to build character. :rofl:

4 Likes