🎀 女装してめんどくさい事になってるネクラとヤンキーの両片想い 👗 Home Thread 👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club

Summary - Japanese

お互いの好きな人は、嫌いなヤツが女装した姿!?

可愛く朗らかな女の子・「花」
凛とした美人・「めい」
二人はお互いに好きだと気づいていない両片思い!
…しかし、互いにバレてはいけない秘密が…。

Summary - English

Shuumei has a problem. He’s in love with a girl who works at a maid cafe, but he’s too cool to go into a place like that without being embarrassed. But girls can go to maid cafes without seeming creepy, right? When he dresses in feminine clothes and transforms himself into “Mei,” he can finally walk into the place to meet the girl of his dreams: the lovely blonde Hana. Meanwhile, Hanae is an introverted otaku who’s uncomfortable talking to people…unless he’s dressed in feminine clothes himself. While decked out in his best dresses [note: incorrect, he is wearing a “uniform”, in the sense that it belongs to the shop], he works at a maid cafe, and finds himself crushing on a young woman who regularly comes to visit him: a cool beauty named Mei! In this delightful LGBT+ romcom, two young people in love are about to find out a lot about each other–and themselves.

👨‍❤️‍👨 BL Book Club 🎓 BL University 📚

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chaps
Week 1 Mar 18 1-3
Week 2 Mar 25 4-6
Week 3 Apr 1 7-9
Week 4 Apr 8 ex. 1-2
Week 5 Apr 15 ex. 3-4

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.

Polls :bar_chart:

Will you be reading along with us?
  • Yes! :heart_eyes:
  • Maybe… :thinking:
  • No :cry:
0 voters
Which version will you be reading?
  • Physical book
  • Ebook
0 voters
4 Likes
When would you like to start reading?
  • March 18
  • March 25
  • April 1
  • Later
0 voters
Page numbers & reading time estimates

The chapters seem to be about 10 pages long on average, which should make it easy to schedule.

Chapter Page No. of pages
1 3 14
2 17 8
3 25 8
4 33 10
5 43 8
6 51 10
7 61 10
8 71 10
9 81 14
extra 1 95 10
extra 2 105 12
extra 3 117 20
extra 4 137 7

A rough estimate of how long it would take to finish, depending on how many pages read each week:

Pages per week No. of weeks
10 14
20 7
30 5
40 4
50 3
How many pages per week would you feel comfortable with?
0 voters
4 Likes

Looks like we’ll be starting March 18th and reading around 30 pages a week. I’ll keep the polls open for another week or so just in case others want to add their vote.

Proposed Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chaps Pages
1 Mar 18 1-3 30
2 Mar 25 4-6 28
3 Apr 1 7-9 34
4 Apr 8 ex. 1-2 22
5 Apr 15 ex. 3-4 27
9 Likes

There hasn’t been any change in the polls, so we’ll be starting next week as planned. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I’ve already read the first 2 volumes but will be re reading (at least) the first volume with you all. Looking forward to getting back into this series. :heart:

6 Likes

Here we go! :grinning:

5 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes

Went ahead and finished the book a bit early; I super enjoyed this pick, and will definitely be reading more volumes!

6 Likes

I’m glad to hear that! I was really anxious that it could be a bit out of topic for the club at the time of submission, so I’m happy to see people liked it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It’s the final week already!

4 Likes

Is there any plan in the works for a spin off club? I know I mostly lurked, but I ended up really enjoying this manga.

3 Likes

We could definitely have one if there’s interest! :slightly_smiling_face:

Would you like an offshoot book club for the series?
  • Yes! :heart_eyes:
0 voters
1 Like

I’m smelling a bit of bias here. XD

2 Likes

I want to vote yes, but I don’t know how much I’ll actually comment in the spin-off thread; I’m not very good about commenting on manga…

3 Likes

I can assure you that voting yes isn’t a digital blood oath for which you will be hunted down if you don’t participate… Probably. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

The bunny boy seems trustworthy, I’ll sign this not-shady contract. :fountain_pen:

4 Likes

I have bought but not read yet volume 12 (the latest one). I don’t mind reading again the rest, but I don’t think I’ll be any better at keeping that promise than any of the other book clubs I tried to join recently :sweat_smile:

4 Likes