Home thread for 🤸 体育館の殺人 🔪 | Mystery Novel Book Club

@cat is it okay if I update the reading schedule here as well? Just wanted to check in case you wanted to keep the original for any reason.

Also, the week one thread should probably have a link back here, right?

1 Like

The reading schedule is posted at the top of each weekly thread for ease of reference, with the current reading bolded. I think if we add it to the top post the following discussion might become confusing to follow. :thinking:

However, I’m not going to worry too much if that’s what folks feel is more convenient for them. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We shouldn’t have an inaccurate reading schedule in the home thread, though, right? If someone wanted to remind themselves of the schedule, or if they’re new, it’d be confusing if they saw the old one, started reading, then realized the schedule didn’t match in the individual threads.

4 Likes

I agree with this. The first post in the home thread should have updated information as it’s the one place any newcomer will be sure to look at. We can keep the outdated information under a details tag for historical reasons if we like, but it’s the current schedule people are more likely to be looking for.

2 Likes

Week 2 is open :ping_pong:

2 Likes

Week 3 is open for speculation

2 Likes

Sadly, I can’t read with everyone this round :crying_cat_face:

Too much going on IRL with the JLPT & various Interviews this month; although, I’ve read week 1 and will try and catchup (or at least finish the book!) once it’s all over.

Loving the character list. I’ll be using that when I catch up!

6 Likes

:frowning: I’m already one week behind. Life is not giving me time to read these days.

4 Likes

There hasn’t been too much in terms of crazy plot developments (which is very typical for mysteries IMO - slow burns at the start) so don’t worry about it too much :slight_smile: The threads also stay open to be posted in.

Although I have no idea how long :thinking: I know WK had to change the default for book clubs, I’m assuming we have whatever comes standard for Discourse.

5 Likes

Oof… back from my trip and so behind on this read… :face_holding_back_tears: Guess I’ll try to play catch up… :eyes: looking forward to reading all your 感想.

3 Likes

Week 4 begins :mag_right:

4 Likes

Apparently I am already in week 6, so I have no thread to post this, but I think the writing is quite funny sometimes… I put the quote behind a spoiler, although it really doesn’t spoil anything. Just some banter:

「いや、ISのOVAとDTBの二期を見返してたら夜が明けた」

「……日本語で話してほしいんですが」

The reply just made me chuckle. I feel like this IRL a lot of the time. :rofl:

3 Likes

I got curious, so I looked it up. DTB stands for “Digital Talking Book”… and then I found out it’s also the abbreviation of the title of an anime (which matches the context much better).

1 Like

But which anime is IS? Hmmm

1 Like

There’s only one result showing up on google, so I assume it’s the one.

Interestingly, I was thinking of I"s instead. I didn’t remember the double quote mark in the middle. (Also, I don’t know anything about it except that I have seen that title around)

Yes. There are many references I’m not aware of…

1 Like

Week 5 is open :male_detective:

4 Likes

Week 6 is open. :ribbon: :closed_umbrella:

4 Likes

Sadly rushed to the end of the book last week, just to be basically told that you’d have to be stupid to think what I thought. I almost gave the book only 2* out of spite :japanese_ogre:
Also, I cannot comment anymore, but it’s alright, I’ll just lurk.

6 Likes

Be sure to read my theories then, as I’m favoring hot takes and endings that please me more than being carefully worked through

I can get really invested in some books, but this is not one of them

4 Likes