Home Thread for また、同じ夢を見ていた / 또다시 같은 꿈을 꾸었어 📖 🇯🇵 🇰🇷

Managed to get this on Amazon for 300 yen (e-book) and thought it might be time for me to read something else than くまクマ熊ベアー which I do plan on finishing next year.

Will be interesting to see how easy/hard this will be compared the previous stuff that I read.

9 Likes

This will be my first participation in a book club as well as the first attempt to read a Japanese novel from start to finish, so I’m excited, to say the least. Got the ebook version and took a little peak inside. While the vocabulary doesn’t seem too scary, the second sentence already gave me much grief, hehe. I hope to receive your guidance when the time comes :wink:

15 Likes

Well welcome to book club! That’s what we are here for!

I got curious and sneaked a peek. Ugh. Yeah that’s just like 4 sentences in a trenchcoat pretending to be only one :joy:

I will also say that the first 3-10 pages of narration trends to be one of the harder parts of a book as you both are trying to figure out if you’re supposed to be missing information or if you’re just not understanding everything. Stick it out and ask questions and I promise it’ll get better!

13 Likes

Yep, same for Korean as well. It’s a full paragraph made up of seemingly only one sentence. A great way of describing it btw, I’m gonna steal that

7 Likes

I’m on page 85. Trust me, the novel gets a lot easier. There aren’t any words that a schoolkid wouldn’t understand, and basically all words get repeated. There’s not any crazy settings either, it’s just school life and around the neighborhood!

7 Likes

I am interested in this novel! This will be my first novel, so exciting. Plan to get ebook this time.

Oh… When will this book club start?

8 Likes

Iirc, it’ll start on 01/28.

Edit: yes, found it in the first post, club schedule, full details.

7 Likes

Excited to have you :slight_smile: starting in the 28th. I’ll make the first week thread the day before probably. Looking forward to reading it with everyone as well :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Same, same. It’s also my first novel. Also took a little peek and read a few pages. Although the vocabulary is very easy, the sentence structure and some grammar points freak me out 0.o

7 Likes

Oops. I nearly bought this at Bookoff while I was in Japan, then didn’t. I guess I can buy it online.

3 Likes

I’m going to have to skip this one. I’m reading way too many other novels at the moment. Maybe I can join in for the next one.

5 Likes

Haha. I’m your counterpart: Also busy, but I decided to keep this one and skip out on ふしぎ駄菓子屋 銭天堂 :laughing:

6 Likes

Btw, it might be a good idea to take the schedule out of the “Full Details” dropdown. I think it’s arguably the most important/useful part of the first post, and having it easy to see might be best.

3 Likes

That makes sense… I was worried about the post being super long, but I agree about it being the most important at this point.

I need to start looking through and picking each week’s final line soon (unless anyone else wants to do it, and just send it to me).

Excited that we’re finally starting in 6 days!!

8 Likes

Same! I already bought and downloaded the audiobook, which sounds very good, and I can barely keep myself from starting to listen to it.

5 Likes

Maybe a stupid question, but where did you get the audiobook from? I’ve been considering joining for the last few weeks now, and using this as listening practice would definitely make it more enticing :eyes:
The only jp audiobooks I have listened to happened to be on audible.de, but this one isn’t on there.

4 Likes

(It is linked in the Natively entry for the book)

PS: It’s also my first non audible.de book :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks, I just got the audiobook! I used to listen to jp adiobooks at 0.8 speed, but this might be a good chance to try normal speed instead :star_struck:

4 Likes

I’ve never had audiobookjp, so I have maybe a stupid question but… how do you buy an audiobook using the points system and not the all you can listen to plan? I really don’t want to get yet another subscription… I’m using the app and I only see as below:

2 Likes

Try from this url また、同じ夢を見ていた | 日本最大級のオーディオブック配信サービス audiobook.jp . You can also click the button that says 商品情報を見る, and it should show up

Edit: idk about the app. May have to buy from the site directly?

3 Likes