👷 🚧 Infrastructure Overhaul! Report newly broken functionality here! 🔥 🚒

I’m trying to add books as ‘read’, but the pages aren’t loading properly and upon refresh I get 404 errors.

3 Likes

@brandon Search pgs are giving NGINX 404 pgs as well

3 Likes

Individual items are also 404’ing

1 Like

404’s seem to be fixed on my side.

Yikes sorry you all. Of course it decided to break when I was sleeping…

Fixed now but don’t really know what happened. I know we were having these issues a few weeks ago but I thought I fixed them… I guess not :melting_face:

5 Likes

Guess you don’t need a coffee today for waking up :rofl:

I submitted a PR for error handling improvement towards the user:

5 Likes

Ruby tags used to work, but somehow now they are not.

Not sure if this is from the new functionality though:

1 Like

Somehow a Firefox-specific issue, same deal with <Spoiler> tags. Have mentioned previously

1 Like

download

All the other sort options work fine, though. :thinking:

2 Likes

I think in the same manner dark/light theme gets desynced, I think the search form also gets desynced.

While searching for books in the drop down, it returns videos.

@brandon NGINX 404 is happening on Book Search pg (but not video), when I try to use it on mobile

1 Like

All fixed now.

4 Likes

I don’t know if it’s to do with this or not but recently I quite regularly encounter broken amazon links:

when clicking the kindle link from 自転しながら公転する | L33
(https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08H4YY4H4/ref=nosim?tag=natively0d-22)
Either the link is using a wrong ASIN number for some reason or the ASIN number has been changed recently. (Does amazon do that?)
Unfortunately, I didn’t note down the other occassions. I just thought it was a me issue at the beginning.
Is there a way that whatever creates those links to recheck them?

Edit: Apparently (source: google) amazon does do ASIN changes quite regularly. So, this post is now in the wrong area. :melting_face:

4 Likes

Ugh, I’ve seen that as well and was hoping it was a temporary weird Amazon glitch. :\

1 Like

Sometimes is the region lock kicking in, but in that case is indeed an ASIN change.

2 Likes

These errors should be all fixed now… at least my logs haven’t shown anything in the last 12hrs since i’ve put out a few more fixes.

Man it’s so frustrating!! This has been happening a lot! Are you all finding that it is a simple asin change and that the items do in fact exist? Or is it simply a case where amazon is removing a lot of kindle items / editions in general?

There seems to be some sort of recent policy change… if you all know more that’d help diagnose it.

5 Likes

Explicit/Questionable content is behind something called black wall. The black wall doesn’t show up if it detects anything that is out of region, billing address, shipping address, phone number or IP.

This is also probably being applied to other content not necessarily in that category. What is frustrating is that the error message is no different from a 404/500, so you have no idea when it’s a real error, or when is censorship/region locking.

It’s probably not cheap, but I think the best would be to have an JP Server worker fetching from AmazonJP. Also you might need to have a JP account with a JP billing address for some of the parsing.

As for the policy change, I think it might have to do with the MasterCard/VISA payment processor drama going on, but this is just speculation.

2 Likes

The example I gave earlier, does still exist just with a different ASIN: Amazon.co.jp

Personally, I have only ever encountered regional issues with bookwalker. They don’t like showing me the good stuff smut. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I wonder if this is why Amazon JP asks me if I want to change my mailing address every time I visit now. Granted it wouldn’t matter since my billing address is still in the US.

I haven’t hit this, but I don’t buy stuff that would be explicit/questionable content. Hopefully they don’t expand this and block all purchases…

1 Like

I have a Tenso address I use as a scapgoat for digital purchases.

1 Like