ライトノベル読書会 📚 Light Novel Book Club | Next Book Apr 1

Aaah, thank you as always, bibliothecary! :pray: I’ll go add those right away. If you happen to know of any German/Spanish translations I can add those too.

Edit: Done! I’ve also added in the hyperlinks to the Korean Natively page for each book on their Korean flag icon; it’s not 100% intuitive, but I don’t want to mess with the table structure too much at this point.

(Link to poll)

3 Likes

I assume you mean Naphthalene. I am a turtle shell, not a soccer ball!

4 Likes

Maybe there’s another user named Nephalethane who is a soccer ball. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

If @Nephalethane ever comes, I have the perfect avatar.

A football ball

NUntitled

Please don’t kill me for morphing your turtle shell @Naphthalene :rofl:

6 Likes

There, @Nephalethane is now a soccer/football ball.
(Not the squashed image, the shape is still wrong)

7 Likes

I have no idea if I’ll actually participate, because all of these books are probably too hard for me, but I’ll vote anyway. I think it would help pull me out of my rut if I started joining book clubs again.

9 Likes

Reminder that the poll closes in approximately 3 days! Get it while it’s hot!

3 Likes

We’re beating the end and are currently sitting on a tie.

If the tie persists, what should we do?
  • Losing book in tiebreaker is read after winning book
  • Losing book in tiebreaker is not automatically read after winning book
0 voters

Get your votes in!

1 Like

What happens if this poll is also a tie? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

We merge the books, and insert one line of each alternatively.

anime

10 Likes

@Megumin is correct. Listen, we go hard here at the LN club.

(It’d be no big deal, we can break a second tie with a coin flip or something.)

8 Likes

We can also ask a neutral party to break the tie, for example UK Govt.
We only need 10.000 votes to get them to respond to their petitions website.
And if we get 100.000 votes they will even debate about it in the parliament! :rofl:

7 Likes

We could do another vote but only have the 2-3 options.

1 Like

I think I broke the tie. :eyes:

6 Likes

Alrighty! Our winner and next book is NHKにようこそ! | L32! Congratulations! :partying_face: @slidevore, would you like to be in charge of the bookclub threads when that time comes, or would you like me to take care of them? There is a Korean version of the book, so Korean readers are also welcome to join! I don’t know if there’s a German or Spanish version; if you know, please let me know!

We will be starting it on April 1; be there or be square. :black_large_square:

In our housekeeping news, these books are now eligible for re-nomination:

And these books will be cut from nominations; due to the lower number of noms voted on this time around, I’ll only be cutting the bottom three. Here are our cuts:

These books will be eligible for re-nomination after voting on book #6. We now have 11 open nomination slots, so please feel free to nominate something!

7 Likes

Can I renominate before I forget for the next round? :rofl:

Sure! I was just about to edit that into my post; we have 11 open nomination slots, so feel free to snatch one up, everyone!

2 Likes

I’m not planning to renominate anything, but just for clarity, is it enough to say “I want to renominate X” or should someone do a new comment with the whole template?

2 Likes

Hmm. I’d be all right with it it you full-quoted your original nomination post. That way the information’s still all there to easily reference here, but you don’t have to redo the whole thing.

(This is the full-quote button :arrow_down_small:)

1 Like

Renominating this then.

2 Likes