Lists discussion

Nice, thanks! I’ll add it. For some reason I had thought it was a ln.

1 Like

It would be nice if there were options to easily see the following on the lists page :

• my lists (creator or collaborator)
  • my created lists (public & private)
  • my public lists
  • my private lists
  • my saved lists

ETA: I’m getting the server issues page when trying to access https://learnnatively.com/list/1a6d0236fe/. It’s set to public afaik and appears on the list page. Tried refresh, but no luck. :thinking:

6 Likes

Ah, I finally figure out these server issues! I wasn’t properly handling merging of books / deletion of books with the new list items… so those list items were pointing at deleted things which caused errors.

I know you’ve been having server issues sometimes with lists. If there are other server issues outside this one you’ve been experiencing, or that you do experiece, let me know!

Also @araigoshi, one of the issues was your WK Absolute Beginner nominations list. Somehow, Crystal Hunters got added to the platform and I had to delete that, causing the issue. I’m not sure if you were one of the ones that got an email, but for more info on why, please see my blog post..

Crystal Hunters will be auto blocked in the future.

Are you talking about in the list search or your profile ‘lists’?

If it’s the list search, I was imagining that’s more for list discovery, rather than personal list management. My goal is to have the default view be ‘swimlanes’ of lists more like:

• Trending Lists
  • Popular Lists
  • Lists from people you follow
  • Recently Added Lists
  • Recently Updated Lists

This view would be wiped once you applied any filters. Like the AniList search I keep going on about :joy:

6 Likes

Yay, thank you! Hopefully it’s solved, but I’ll let you know if it happens again. :smile:

I was thinking about the list search, but it would be useful in your profile, too. It seems like a given that there should be a way to see your own lists if you visit list search, even if it’s just a direct link to that part of your profile.

3 Likes

I like that :slight_smile:

i’m not entirely sure we need something more for your profile view (all that separation you’re describing). At least, not until people get a lot more lists?

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s probably not necessary at the moment, but I can see it being useful in the future.
(Has 20+ list ideas just waiting to be implemented… :rofl: )

ETA: Can we have some sort of history for changes made to lists (for those with collaborators)? Something like discourse has for wiki posts?

Would it also be possible to have the wishlist (+ etc) button so you can add directly from the list as opposed to visiting each item page? Like Goodreads, for example:

This may have just been a glitch, but when I went to edit a list, the numbering started from 2 (it corrected itself after a different item’s position changed).

download

Not a big deal since items aren’t numbered on the list itself, but maybe displaying the numbers would be a useful option for some lists?

7 Likes

Why does this list

just show the first of eleven entries? Are the others blocked? Is it a bug?

2 Likes

I can see all the manga in the list

Not in the preview though.

1 Like

Oh that’s what mic meant. My bad :sweat_smile:

1 Like

No, I literally just fixed this at @mic’s prompting :joy:

This has been a bug for a little bit, just hadn’t gotten around to it. Basically, there are a few actions when the image should be regenerated. I think I have them all covered now, but if you see any issues, point it out like @mic !

Should be fixed now though! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

But it didn’t change in the preview above :wink: just on the list page.

2 Likes

unfortunately nothing I can do about that. Discourse caches it heh. It’ll eventually go away…

2 Likes

Something for your @omk list “Yokai, ghosts and urban legends” could be:

ノラガミ 1; it’s about gods and their entourage fighting ayakashi and each other.

あやかしメルヒェン 1: it is about a 座敷わらし (MC) following the owner of her apartment - which she was not able to protect - to Germany fighting German “youkai” at their new home.

2 Likes

Thanks. あやかしメルヒェン 1 looks fun, combining German and Japanese folklore like this.

I’d be happy to add you as a collaborator to the list (and everyone else who suggested books before), so you can add as you see fit, just say the word. Otherwise I’ll probably just wishlist these books and add them whenever I get around to reading them.

2 Likes

Forgot we had a list thread :see_no_evil:

Edit: Now it suddenly worked despite again showing the error. :melting_face:

1 Like

Maybe we need to make a list of threads :wink:

(This is not an actual suggestion, I just wanted to make the wordplay)

4 Likes

This nonsensical error appeared when trying to save a new list as Private:

I had to select Semi-private in order for it to save.

5 Likes

Thanks for the note! I found the bug around this and have fixed :slight_smile:

2 Likes

On the series overview page I can add that series to a list, but not from any individual book.

Could we get that for individual books as well, please? I like not having to navigate into my list first before adding something. :eyes:

3 Likes