Physical Media Megathread

I’m seeing a theme here. :eyes:

5 Likes

I know some of these books… and I see some retro BL. :eyes:

4 Likes

It brings up 腐海の森 to mind, in a completely different way than the original reference :eyes:

2 Likes

Not quite enough to fill a whole shelf yet, but my sets of 五等分の花嫁 and 君に紡ぐ傍白 just arrived!!

The SAO ones on the right are the English versions, except for the two tiny ones, which are Hopeful Chant and その次の日, which are both limited edition bonuses from the Blu-ray releases (tho I don’t own those lol)

7 Likes

I love manga where the images on the spines of each volume form a bigger image that spans the whole lot when you have a complete set…

8 Likes

Yes - same! Otoh, it’s driving me crazy that 君に紡ぐ傍白 didn’t align their spine text properly

4 Likes

I got the full main series of 黒バス today, and they fit absolutely perfectly on the other side of the shelf that’s got HQ, which means 1) Extra Game and Replace will have to go on the next shelf and 2) I can’t get any more sports manga whose titles fall between “H” and “K” (I’m not holding myself to that) (though whether stuff needs to be moved also depends on anything I get before that alphabetically…)

(Also Takao’s finally got his parent series to sit in front of!)

Plus 3 other books I got recently that I forgot to photo:

9 Likes

I’m back from Tokyo with more books!

Not pictured because I accidentally left it with a friend at the airport and need to retrieve it next week:

12 Likes

Nice haul! わたしの幸せな結婚 | L32 is the reason I want to start a 女性向け book club. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

花とゆめの漫画の名前は何ですか? I can almost work out the title, but not quite

2 Likes

The one with the cat and the silver-haired boy? That’s 夏目友人帳 (one of my faves)

2 Likes

Oh… I didn’t realize that was a 花とゆめ series! Have seen the anime around, but haven’t watched it yet. Guess I’ll add that to my wishlist too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Whoops, I got a nice glare on that book, huh. But yeah, EBW has it right.

2 Likes

It’s funny, I also bought physical volumes of the hotel one (don’t make me type the name; volume 4) and 入間くん (volumes 6-10) a few days ago.

Also 田中さん! That’s one of my recent favorites!

4 Likes

I picked up 田中さん and hotel based off your recommendations. ^o^ They sounded fun to read, and they were conveniently displayed when I was browsing through the shelves, so I figured it was fate, haha.

4 Likes

Aaaaah, then it makes sense. For once, it was causation, not correlation :stuck_out_tongue:
I hope you enjoy them!

3 Likes

Natsume :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: haven’t read the manga, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the anime series.

4 Likes

My latest CDJapan books! Very unsurprisingly they’re more than half sports lol. And with 君旅, I’ve now got another option for the nonfiction Bingo square

9 Likes

I envy the people on here that can go to a physical book shop and buy books in Japanese, my book shelves would be chock full if I had that option :rofl:

I just recently purchased a set of 4 Karate manga books ( 空手マンガ「MAGIC」not yet added to natively) and received the first book of my favourite English book series but it’s split across 5 bunko books in Japanese. Wizard’s first Rule (not yet added to natively)

I also have 3 green borderedドラゴンランス (not yet added to natively), book 1 of 黒猫ニャンゴの冒険 (I cannot get book 2 in the UK currently that I can find), 6 books of コップクラフトseries, 本を守ろうとする猫の話 and 6 books of ひげを剃る。そして女子高生を拾う series on the way. Some of those were choices based on my interest in them, others were just because I saw them on the book clubs and decided to get them to read at a later date.

14 Likes

Dang, those are some pretty covers. :open_mouth:

5 Likes