Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

No, not really. I could try to scour through past database saves for reviews with comments, but there’s no way to tell if they were legitimate deletions or not.

If someone thinks they’ve lost reviews let me know and I may be able to find them for you… but going through in a general way would be really hard and time intensive.

You could certainly make a case for logging all changes to reviews, but I haven’t done that.

4 Likes

There may be more, but two reviews I’m positive I’ve lost are of these two books:

家庭用安心坑夫 | L38 (learnnatively.com)

硝子の塔の殺人 | L34 (learnnatively.com)

4 Likes

I got this today on ダイヤのA 2 | L25

It shows the gradings on vol 1, but not 2 onward (or at least 2-7; I didn’t check beyond that). I checked later volumes of a handful of other series, but they all worked fine.

Update 10/31: It’s doing it on 夏目友人帳 2 | L27 and onward now too. Don’t remember if that was one of the ones I checked yesterday or not, though.

2 Likes

I know that people already complained about the choices of stuff being compared, but that one is a bit wild :rofl:

Level 52 novel versus level 25 manga…

4 Likes

Ah, I didn’t think about this use case :joy: :sweat_smile:.

Basically, I’m prompting all comparisons between items where we have ‘no clue’ (i.e. no range on it). However, that set of ‘no clue’ does include items where we only have a ‘bottom’ range.

Also, I would assume that i’d prompt you to grade that level 25 item against things around level 25 first which you should have many of… so there’s a prioritization issue there as well, hmm.

7 Likes

When data export finally happens this, it will be easier to recover, because you could always have a backup of your library backup in an csv/xml/xls file, so maybe throwing in a reviews export would be handy too.

Granted a vast majority won’t be exporting the data, but I like to keep a copy of some services at hand, just in case.

4 Likes

Tags are here! At least, only for books. As I said, this is only a v1 to quickly get things into your hands, i’ll continue working on this for the next week.

Things to note

• This is essentially a copy of Anilist and the prepopulated options for genres & content tags are from there
  • Search filters has not yet been implemented. Movie & TV has not yet been implemented
  • By default, when you add a genre or content tag it opts in to adding it as a series tag (if a series exists), but you can uncheck this option
  • Any tag you can click and vote on, indicating if you think it’s a main / major / minor / not relevant element to the story. The percentage is simply a weighted average score… where ‘main’ = 100%, not relevant = 0%, major = 75, minor = 25
  • Spoiler tag options exist when creating, but do not have any report if you think an existing tag should be marked spoiler
  • AniList has a lot of NSFW tags. NSFW handling probably needs to be handle within this bucket of work

In general, since these are AniList tags, there’s no focus on language learning. I think i’ll probaby quickly add an ‘Accents’ and / or ‘Language’ tags section pretty quick. Pacing / mood tags similar to Story Graph will require different handling, but also on the agenda.

All in all, exciting times! Come join the discussion in the newly created Tags, Tags, Tags [Official Management] thread!

21 Likes

I noticed today that despite the page acting like there’s something to scroll horizontally on mobile, the one thing you’d expect to be able to scroll doesn’t actually:

Especially with tags now, I think you should actually be able to scroll the headings list so you can jump straight to the bottom sections too.

Actually, “Tags” should be between “Gradings” and “Activity,” but it’s not there at all. Still stands, though.

1 Like

Hmm… I can scroll horizontally on mobile. What’s your browser & OS?

Agreed. I do intend to do that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m on iOS 16.6 on Safari

Update: Since the headings list is supposed to scroll, I tried again a few times in case I was just fat-fingering it, but no dice. All it does is move the whole page over, cut-off headings and all, even when my finger is definitely smack dab on top of it

1 Like

In other news - I know some parts of the website have been slow the past hour or two. I’ll try to diagnose tomorrow.

5 Likes

Could it just be all the people adding tags at the same time? :eyes:

4 Likes

That’s been the case for me as well, for a long time. Android 13 & new-ish Chrome. I never said anything bc Activity is the only one that’s cut off, and it’s the last section anyway

1 Like

Can’t see aggregate gradings for https://learnnatively.com/book/b26291e5b3/.

(Also that link isn’t formatting)

2 Likes

Noted

So, I have a suspicion that these formatting issues are because of the slow initial speed on book pages right now… which I’m in the process of fixing. TBH, it looks like we’ve been having these issues for a while now, which I think has been contributing to the link formatting flakiness. We’ll see!

8 Likes

VOLUNTEER OPENING - I’m looking for 1-2 volunteers to help manage tags!

As you can already see, tag management can be quite complicated and I think it’d be a massive help if a few of you are interested! Your duties would be focused on approving tags, editing tags, deleting / re-assinging duplicate tags. Let me know in a personal dm or comment below! It’d be a massive help and you’d really help tags moving forward.

9 Likes

Ok this is fixed! I’ve also improved the page performance of quite a few things (search, book pages, others…) so hopefully nothing is painfully slow.

Also auto formatting might be working better now with the faster pages? Still might be spotty… we’ll see. Remember there’s a day old cache on the link formatter too. Ex formatter: 本好きの下剋上~司書になるためには手段を選んでいられません~第一部「兵士の娘2」 | L30

5 Likes

What this? Did I miss a new feature? :eyes:

1 Like

Probably data admin features?

3 Likes

oh whoops :joy:

Yes, you aren’t supposed to see that, granted I don’t think any of those buttons work for you, except maybe the hash.

Good catch!

Edit: @Biblio that should be gone now.

5 Likes