Product Updates & Casual Natively Discussion

It looks like you’re viewing the Korean stats, not Japanese. Darn polyglots… :slight_smile:

I was able to reproduce for Japanese.

Was related to the rating changes, fixed now! Also discovered another bug with

(episode numbering don’t start at 1… will need to fix).

6 Likes

This should be fixed! FYI the issue is that it wasn’t counting books where we don’t have page information. Eventually we’ll get better at alerting those books…

Apologies on the slow response… now fixed!

5 Likes

When using the data manager to edit an existing session, it doesn’t appear possible to set it to percentage instead of pages, even if the original entry was in percentage completion.

Also if the existing hours field entry is 0, it preloads the hours field with a greyed out 0, but refuses to save until you enter an actual 0 into it, I think.

/Edit also after I updated the session, I don’t think the pages read and pages timed (and percentage completion) stats updated directly.

1 Like

@brandon, I’m reading a series where the version I’m reading is the 文庫 but I also own the 単行本. Aside from there being a different number of volumes in each edition, there’s some content difference too (e.g. the 文庫 ed. of vol 2 gained an intermission). When I requested it to be added, you said you’d add the 文庫 ed. now and would add the 単行 ed. later if the need arose. I just got the last two volumes which just came out, and if it holds true to form it’ll be another 2 years before the 文庫 are published. It’ll be a bit before I get to them (though hopefully not two whole years…), but should I request the 単行 now, or wait until edition handling is up?

2 Likes

恋愛骨董店 | L24?? doesn’t show up in the search results using the title or author, I only found it by trying to add it again. It also wasn’t on any of my lists - usually I mark it as either wish list or owned when I add new titles, and I may have forgotten, or that might be another bug. :thinking:

5 Likes

Something weird is going on with the grading. I just finished a manga duology and started grading it, and after a while it started showing me the same books, even ones I hadn’t skipped. I went to the book page and there was nothing. It was only when I went to my gradings page that I realized it had had me grade the 下巻 first and then had started me on the 上巻 (I probably should have realized at the outset since they have different covers, but I didn’t exactly expect to be prompted to grade the second at all). I deleted all the gradings and skips, and it’s back to wanting me to grade the 下巻.

Are new series meant to have each volume graded separately now, or is something just up with this series? Because I haven’t been prompted to grade any of the later volumes in series I’d already read, or the later volumes I read recently of series I’d already started, and I remember there being something about separate gradings within a series being possible in the update notice, but I didn’t expect this to happen…

(Both volumes of this are the same difficulty btw)

Update: I graded the 上巻 from its page and it has an actual grading now while the 下巻 still has a temporary one, which is expected with the initial behavior, but I figured it didn’t hurt to check…

2 Likes

Edit: if you look at the top portion of your 4th kanji in the search text, that’s where the difference is.

When I copy/paste the title from the link text here, it shows up. I’m guessing it’s a case of absurdly similar kanji? I had a similar issue when trying to find 後宮の烏 | L34 recently. I copied the tile externally (I think via Google lens), and it gave me a very similar but different last kanji, and wouldn’t show up. Same deal, I only found it when I tried to add it, but then when I found the correct character, it worked fine.

1 Like

I don’t know if that’s it, since it didn’t show up when I copy/pasted the title from the book page, and now it shows up with author search as well when it didn’t before. I guess there’s a delay between being added to the database and appearing in search results.

Seems you’re right. I grabbed the text from your screenshot with Google lens & it works fine now. So yeah, probly just a delay

Grading fixes!

Ok, I think I’ve addressed these issues wrt being prompted to grade too much! Basically, it seems that a new temporary books were prompting you to grade indefinitely… now fixed.

I also found that some people were reprompted to grade old books they had already graded > 6 times, but not that many people. That issue should now be fixed as well.

Thank for all this info! Will be exploring tonight.

Right now, I’m trying to get grading in a good enough place where the Korean side’s grades make some sense and we can move out of beta. This requires figuring out how to better analyze the ratings & grades… and just generally how to deal with the current system.

@enbyboiwonder feel free to request! Just include a note in your request.

@Jintor duly noted on the manager, would recommend a bug report.

Edit: @enbyboiwonder should be fixed now, there was indeed a bug :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I finally put Kaspersky on my computer (it’s been on my phone for awhile) and it got mad when I clicked the link to confirm my new email

When I was directed to https://email.mg.learnnatively.com/ I got this

3 Likes

Oh that’s interesting. Curious that we haven’t hit that before.

I’m assuming that the normal site doesn’t have any issues, right? Just that email.mg.learnnatively.com sub domain?

2 Likes

Yep, nothing else Natively related has triggered this.

1 Like

It’s happening with Korean now. :smiling_face_with_tear:

download (4)

1 Like

Should be fixed!

1 Like

Ok, another grading update - You will now start to get prompted to grade things which are both in the temporary state.

So if book 1 is temporary and book 2 is temporary, you will be prompted to compare them (with a few conditions). This grading, however, will only be processed once one book moves out of the temporary state. This will hopefully allow more gradings to be done and will help with brand new grading systems (such as new languages).

Since I’m in the grading system, I may attempt to allow tv & movie grading next (will be important as we add more item types later on). Along with diagnostics to help with stabilizing the korean grading system. That’s on the agenda for the next day.

So keep paying attention to your grading prompts. The Korean side is still techinally all ‘non-temporary’ grades even though it’s displayed as temporary… but i will be tweaking that with the new system, so you may see more prompts.

10 Likes

2.43 清陰高校男子バレー部 1 | L29 seems to have been added instead of https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/神奈木-智/dp/4199602038/ from the new resources I submitted yesterday.

Got a warning when clicking on the link, too. :pensive:

1 Like

It’s probably best if you go to the resource and write a note there using the Feedback button.

Also the resources adding seems to be a couple of days behind. So whatever you requested yesterday might not have been added yet.

The issue isn’t with 2.43, though (it was already on the site, and wasn’t on any of my lists), it’s the item that wasn’t added. And the other items I added yesterday were fine (the books included in the screenshot). It seems like 2.43 was added instead of the other item.

1 Like

Sorry maybe I linked that wrong - we already had that series :slight_smile:

hmph :relieved:

2 Likes