Sale and Promotion hunting

Fair enough! I also watched the 青い花 anime first and really liked it, then watched 放浪息子 and liked it even more. So that’s why I read 放浪息子 first!

2 Likes

How close of an adaptation is the 放浪息子 anime? Wondering if I should watch it beforehand, or if it’s fine to read the manga first. Thinking of trying the anime in April

So the anime adaption is kind of weird, in that it adapts the middle part of the manga. I think it does a good job because (if I remember correctly) it starts when they start middle school, so there are new characters introduced then anyway, and it fills in the gaps well enough that I didn’t even notice that there was an earlier part of the story when I watched it. I think whether you want to watch it will come down to whether you’re okay effectively starting in the middle.

2 Likes

Some of the 弱キャラ友崎くん LNs are on sale, and I think Bookwalker has a 50% coin back rn

2 Likes

Free to keep manga:

4 Likes

Free to keep Manga (cont)

5 Likes

I guess Amazon is not liking so many links at the same time and is not generating previews.
It might get fixed on it’s own after a while :melting_face:

2 Likes

Fixed the previews so now you know what you are clicking on

2 Likes

That helps thanks. I love how it’s a list of a ton of isekai-looking things and then one random manga that uses Covid as a premise to say everyone now wears masks and it seems that now lips are seen as some risqué thing as a result. I mean, I’m gonna pass because reading about people wearing masks 100% of the time is depressing, but it’s just so out of place it made me laugh.

8 Likes

New normal?

…why do I know that? I’m on Twitter too much

3 Likes

That was the one, yeah. :laughing:

I should spend more time on Twitter. I made a JP only account to follow seiyuu, mangaka, etc… but half the time I’m too lazy to actually read things and/or I forget Twitter exists :joy:

3 Likes

First volume of 堀さんと宮村くん | L25 are free to keep read on Bookwalker and Amazon until April 18

If you’ve read or watched ホリミヤ, this is the source material (original webcomic), in book form. It’s a very different vibe from the manga - lots of colors and all handwriting. I have to say the book form is a much nicer presentation than reading it on the website

4 Likes

The whole series is half-price, and the first volume has a 25% point back on top of it.
In case someone is interested in jumping from the anime to the LN.

3 Likes

Think it might be time limited, not free to keep.

And wow. I remember all the complaining about not being able to read the furigana for volume 1. I can’t read that handwriting.

But mostly because I’m terrible at reading handwritten Japanese.

You’re right. Bookwalker always throws me off with that

The last time I tried to read the webcomic (probably a year ago?), it was indecipherable to me… This time around I can get most of it, but sometimes it takes decent effort, and it’s way slower than my normal reading speed. The thing that made the most difference for me was learning to write (in a somewhat lazy/sloppy manner)

But even then there’s a marked difference between the form that most apps show you and the semi-cursive(行書?) style that you see in manga. (Found an interesting reddit post on it).

Half price. I’m enjoying it so far. (No idea why the preview isn’t working.)

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/aw/d/B078WNB5BS

2 Likes

Thanks, looks like first vol is also half off on bookwalker so tossed a few coins at it

That’s a weird Amazon product URL. Usually is a /dp/ASIN here:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B078WNB5BS
1 Like

Definitely seen both formats before, apparently it’s their rendering service…

If I click your link, then click the list of volumes, then click volume 1 again, it for back to that sorta format

1 Like