๐Ÿ“š Show Off Your Korean Books ๐Ÿ“ธ

Share pics of your purchases, hauls, bookshelves, and collections - weโ€™d love to see them! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just received my ํ˜ธ๋ž‘์ด ๋“ค์–ด์™€์š” (series) | L29 books from Now in Seoul!

4 Likes

Nice!

Iโ€™m rereading this cute book about a dog detective. I have the e-book so Iโ€™ll just link it:

2 Likes

Something else to add to my wish list! :laughing:

Hereโ€™s some physical Korean books I own. Itโ€™s a teeny collection so far. I havenโ€™t gotten far in reading them yet.

8 Likes

That ์˜ค๋ฆฌ ๋ถ€๋ฆฌ ์ด์•ผ๊ธฐ title โ€ฆ ๋„ˆ๋ฌด ๊ท€์—ฌ์›Œ ใ…Žใ…Ž

3 Likes

Iโ€™ve got the same graded reader sitting on my bookshelf! Feeling slightly guilty I havenโ€™t even opened it yet, since Iโ€™ve had it for agesโ€ฆ :laughing:

download

READ ME

5 Likes

I like it a lot. The stories are pretty interesting. You can probably read one every night as a bedtime story. The discussion questions are pretty good for practicing writing Korean. You could probably use the audio they provide as dictation practice and then check for corrections using the book. Thereโ€™s a lot of ways to go about using it. ^^

2 Likes

Yeah, itโ€™s about an over-talkative duck. The drawings inside are really pretty too.

2 Likes

Iโ€™ve been enjoying reading the ebook of ์†Œ๋ฆฌ๋ฅผ ๋ณด๋Š” ์†Œ๋…„ | L30?? for the book club, Week 3 of ์†Œ๋ฆฌ๋ฅผ ๋ณด๋Š” ์†Œ๋…„ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘‚ Korean Fiction Book Club ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ท, so I ended up buying the physical book as well. :smiling_face:

I got a few more historical childrenโ€™s / YA novels:

I read the first few volumes of ์‹ญ์ด๊ตญ๊ธฐ (series) | L35?? in English, so it would be nice to read them in Korean (and Japanese) at some point.

ํ•œ๊ตญ๋‹จํŽธ์†Œ์„ค 50 | L30?? is a pretty hefty volume aimed at ์ค‘๊ณ ์ƒ, and each story has annotations and commentary. Looking forward to dipping into this! :grinning:

4 Likes

You really have quite the collection! I only own one single physical Korean book (๋ถˆํŽธํ•œ ํŽธ์˜์  | L26 - the cherry blossom leaves are holographic making it very pretty!) so I am a bit jealous! May try to order some more physical books one day. :slightly_smiling_face:

ํ•œ๊ตญ๋‹จํŽธ์†Œ์„ค 50 | L30?? looks especially cool! I think I will add that to my to read list!

3 Likes

Haha, if I ever get my Korean bookshelves sorted, I may post pics. They are very disheveled atm! :laughing:

Forgot to mention that thereโ€™s also audio available from the publisher website for ํ•œ๊ตญ๋‹จํŽธ์†Œ์„ค 50 | L30??, so even better! :grin:

2 Likes

Iโ€™m well on my way to completing the Darakwon series! Iโ€™ll probably have to wait though, since buying the C1 or C2 books right now wouldnโ€™t make much sense. For physical books, I also have the first Harry Potter book, but it didnโ€™t fit in my suitcase since I bought too many books for Christmas so thatโ€™s all I have with me for now.

5 Likes

I finally got ์ฃฝ์ด๊ณ  ์‹ถ์€ ์•„์ด | L25 , after having to wait for it to be restocked and then fighting against FedEx. Iโ€™m very excited for the bookclub, so Iโ€™ll be starting that very soon! As a bonus, I also got ์‹ฌ์ฒญ์ „ | L27?? to continue my collection of the Darakwon graded readers series. This time itโ€™s the C1 book, as Iโ€™ll finish reading the second B2 book, ์ „์šฐ์น˜์ „ | L22 , tonight!

4 Likes