Subcategories for writing in one specific language only

Description of your request or bug report:

Similar to the WaniKani forums, which has a Japanese only subcategory, I think it would be nice if something like that would be added to the Natively forums as well for the corresponding languages (which are currently Japanese, German, Spanish and Korean). This would allow fellow language lerners to practice production (if they decide to participate) and reading (if they decide to lurk).

Trello link: (leave in blank)

Not an important information, but: The main reason I made this request is because of Harunaโ€™s Daily Diary over on the Bunpro forums, as she is a native Japanese speaker, and I thought I could do something similar for German to help German learners! I donโ€™t want to write a diary, though, because Iโ€™m not motivated enough, thatโ€™s why I thought a subcategory for writing only in these languages would be nice. Iโ€™m not sure if this is relevant for the Natively forums, as it is more focused on reading and watching, but in my opinion, it would be nice to have in a language learning forum. This is my first request, so I hope I didnโ€™t do anything wrong :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think itโ€™d be lovely! Although, I think if you start a topic in German / Japanese / any language category stating that itโ€™s foreign language only, thatโ€™d be great as a beginning!

So I say go for it on a german-only topic, letโ€™s see the traction :smiling_face:

FYI, weโ€™re still very small in german so donโ€™t be too alarmed if there arenโ€™t that many bites, but we do also have a lot of german natives hanging aboutโ€ฆ itโ€™d be interesting regardless

6 Likes

Alright then! :smiley:

Iโ€™ll try to launch the thread tomorrow. I can probably also launch one for Japanese, if thatโ€™s ok with you, but Iโ€™ll need one or two days because my Japanese isnโ€™t that good yet, but I think good enough to start such a thread. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, Iโ€™ve now launched a thread for German and Japanese only. Iโ€™m pretty sure that I made some mistakes in the OP for Japanese, so if anyone finds any mistakes, please let me know so that I can fix them!

3 Likes

I just launched a thread for Korean! Donโ€™t mind the mistakes for now, Iโ€™ll reread that introduction in the morning, when Iโ€™m more awake.
Edit: After rereading it, I donโ€™t think I made any obvious mistakes, at least none that I could notice. But still, feel free to correct me!

1 Like