Week 2 April 5, 2024 - April 11, 2024
Character Count ~11k
Stopping Point Onikakushi Day 2 End
Last Dialogue ひぐらしたちだけが知っているような気がした
Unlocked Tips 3 & 4
Previous Week Week 1
Next week Week 3
Home Thread :house: Home Thread for ひぐらしのなく頃に奉 Ch. 1 鬼隠し編 :japanese_ogre:

We’re playing this VN as part of the Visual Novel Reading Club.

This week’s end screen:

Discussion Guidelines

• Please blur / hide any major events in the current week’s portion (however early they occur), like so: text here (that’s: [spoiler]text here[/spoiler]).
  • Don’t hesitate to ask questions! I know that some of you might be feeling shy, or don’t want to bother others with their questions, but you don’t have to worry: People love answering questions. You’re making the thread more lively, and you’re also helping anyone who has the same questions. So please, ask a lot of them!
  • Join the conversation — it’s fun!

Participation Poll

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m skipping this VN
  • The club has already finished, and I’m reading this VN now
0 voters

Maybe because there was more dialogue (or at least feel like), I was done relatively quick. Took less than half time previous chapter.

Loved when the ずーん moment.

The tips were a bit useful this time, story related wise, specially Tip 4.
It’s also probably the hardest part of this chapter, as it’s a newspaper excerpt.
Thankfully is not too long.

The delivery is definitely better voiced.

1 Like

Just finished up, definitely feel like things are moving along a bit faster for me now while reading as well, though I’ve been mining pretty frequently so the actual time to read has been varying quite a bit. I’ll have to tackle tips 3 and 4 sometime this week if I can find the time.

As for the last scene of the chapter, the way she said she didn’t know was so well delivered. The voice acting is really selling it for me, glad I chose the PS3 sprites + voices.

1 Like