Week 3 πŸͺ„ Die kleine Hexe πŸ§™β€β™€οΈ

Useful Links

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapters
3 June 3 7-9

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.

Polls

Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters
1 Like

I only read the first chapter of this weeks section, and was not going to comment until I read further, but I encountered something relevant when doing some completely unrelated reading. I encountered the laws against wood gathering issue again, which was perhaps unsurprisingly a real issue even though it seems downright comically evil reading the book. Apparently this was also something a young Marx was fighting against - though clearly not as effectively as die Kleine Hexe :sweat_smile:
It’s pretty interesting to know it is based on some reality. I thought it was a kind of odd problem to encounter for our main character before learning this.

4 Likes