Week 4 of 🕵 コップクラフト 🫅

Welcome to week 4 of コップクラフト!

6343bd03-f644-425f-889a-c1d590dec0f3

We’ll be reading through chapter 4 this week:

Week Start Date Content Ending % / Page # # of Pages
4 July 17 Ch 4 37% / p119 24

(home thread) week 3 | week 5

Discussion ground rules

• Any spoilers, for the current chapters must be behind spoilers or detail curtains. When we get further in you don’t need to hide details that were revealed in previous chapters.
  • Always mention where you are in the book when discussing, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting! But please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week :slight_smile:
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That can be part of the discussion too and I’m sure some folks would be happy to help.
  • Even if you don’t read the chapter(s) in time, you are still encouraged to post in the thread for that reading once you have finished it. I advise not reading ahead in the threads as you may see spoilers.
Are you joining us for week 4?
  • I’m reading along
  • I’m just following the discussion :popcorn:
  • I’m reading, but not at the same pace as the club
  • I am no longer reading the book
0 voters
3 Likes

That sword is a bit sharp. :flushed:

「当然だ。工房から毒をばらまいたり、さずかったばかりの子供を殺したりしても罪に問われないような、おまえたちドリーニとは違う」

「公害と中絶かい。それも複雑な問題なんだがな。まあ、政治的な話はやめておくが」

So, she is anti-choice? or do I read this incorrectly?

A bit of action, a bit of banter and ティラナ asserting her power over マトバ :rofl:

「ほう。俺を? 助けたつもりか」

「弱い者を守るのはミルヴォア騎士の務めだからな」

3 Likes

Not necessarily so, but she says there should be a penalty for it. (She most likely is, though)

2 Likes

Their banter is fun to read. I enjoyed the whole “It could be you. It could be me. It could be anyone except for her, since she’s incapable of using basic technology” bit.
It was also interesting to see マトバ’s reaction after ティラナ turned a man into human sashimi. He knows she’s not a child, but it’s still difficult to get over her appearance.

4 Likes

I ended up reading along with the audiobook this week so I could get through a bit faster, and definitely helped a bit at getting through some of those longer sentences.

Besides the action focus of the chapter it’s been interesting to see their disagreements causing more issues as time goes on, though I wonder how and to what degree things will be reconciled by the end.

6 Likes

their disagreements causing more issues as time goes on

Very much this. Individually, they are lethal, but they were just tripping over each other during the operation in this chapter. I may have been simultaneously facepalming and ROFLing at them throughout.

For this chapter as a whole, I liked the action sequences very much. Also got to see ティラナ’s cool armor :+1:

6 Likes

This. Both have impressions of the other as being basically a helpless child in need of being kept safe, when in reality both can take care of themselves but they would do well to have each other’s back.

4 Likes