🔎 Week 4 | 京都寺町三条のホームズ ⚱

京都寺町三条のホームズ

Home Thread | week 3 | week 5

Reading Schedule

Week Chapter From - To Number of Pages
4 Ch2; 1-5 76-111 (35%) 36

JPDB Deck: Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes – Prebuilt decks – jpdb

Discussion Guidelines

• Spoilers should always be hidden using spoiler blur.
  • When discussing a specific section, please mention where you are in the book, ideally by chapter so people reading different versions have a clear point of reference.
  • Feel free to read ahead if it’s exciting, but please refrain from spoiling ahead of the appropriate week.
  • If you have a question about grammar, vocab, cultural things, etc - ask! That’s a welcome part of the discussion too, and other readers will be happy to help.
Are you reading along with us?
  • Yes! :smile:
  • I’m reading at my own pace :smiling_face:
  • I’m just here for the discussion :popcorn:
0 voters

Character names

Kanji Reading Info
家頭 清貴 やがしら きよたか ホームズ
家頭 武史 やがしら たけし 店長
家頭 誠司 やがしら せいじ オーナー
真城 葵 ましろ あおい Main character
上田 うえだ Childhood friend of 店長, regular
美恵子 みえこ Owner of the shop diagonally across, often comes to enjoy some coffee
克美 かつみ Ex-boyfriend of 葵
早苗 さなえ (former?) friend of 葵, currently dating 克美?
宮下 佐織 みやした さおり Selected as 斎王代
宮下 香織 みやした かおり Younger sister of 佐織, from the same school as 葵
川瀬 圭子 かわせ けいこ former friend of 佐織
三上 優子 みかみ ゆうこ former friend of 佐織
4 Likes

2€ says 佐織 wrote the letters herself
Also what’s with the naming sense of their mother???

And I did not expect オーナーさん to be like that. Poor ホームズさん and poor 店長さん :neutral_face: I thought he’d be hyper competent and dignified. But it might actually be more fun to read this way.

6 Likes

I finally had time to read the first part. I am now satisfied with the explanation of why he could guess where she is living… although, again, there’s a lot that could have happened since her birth (but it’s still a good first guess)

8 Likes

I have to admit, if I were Aoi’s age, I would have the biggest crush on Holmes :rofl: I’m glad the mystery for this chapter is a little more complex.
Oh, and now I have finally seen how Genji is written in Kanji. Somehow I never ran into it!

7 Likes

Done with this week!

結構な変人なんですよ

Honestly sounds like the perfect way to keep those girls away while getting a quick jab in. He was supposed to have no “bad” intentions, but just using 葵 is worse.

8 Likes

Idk it didn’t feel like the main reason he brought her along was to use her to talk to girls. More like he was being opportunistic as in “might as well…”

4 Likes

I don’t know. He did say it would be “weird” for him to go alone… but that doesn’t apply to just watching the flower (despite him phrasing like it did), so he meant something else.
It could just have been ナンパ, though…

7 Likes

Ahh I see! Yeah that’s right.
I was about to write that I think Aoi will be the first to have some kind of feelings (as an argument against the ナンパ theory), but then I realised that he does have this mysterious, all-knowing personality where it’s kind of hard to gauge what he’s thinking sometimes. He might already be enacting some kind of plan to get her to marry him – or maybe this will be the only thing he’s oblivious about lol

8 Likes

There were… a lot of new names this time :joy: I have little confidence in remembering them all, oh well.

Pretty sure this was in the anime, and I think I might remember the conclusion, but not the reason behind it all :thinking:

story comments

Honestly, with him being her boss, the way he interacted with 葵 made me cringe :sweat_smile: Thank god ホームズ was there… though he kind of did the same thing later.

The first one barely felt like a mystery with how short it was. But I really like this one so far, with so many different characters involved (Although it makes the reading go much slower for me)

I kinda hope not. They have known each other for a while already, so I guess there could be attraction, but I hope the actual flirting doesn’t start until a bit later.

(I would love for him to be really sneaky in his flirting though. Would suit him :joy:)

7 Likes

Would it help if I put them in the table?
(Although, I’m not writing who is who, so maybe not)

8 Likes

It would help me, so if it’s not too much work I would appreciate it! :blush:

4 Likes

I tried to add as many names as possible. Let me know if I missed anything.

4 Likes

Over two months late, but I finally got around to reading again :tada:

Interesting theory. I didn’t even think of that possibility.

Same. 葵 still is a kid to me, so I hope the romance aspect waits until she’s a bit older.

The owner was different from what I expected. I hope the ナンパ was only to annoy his grandson or something like that and he wouldn’t have done it if she were alone.

5 Likes

…don’t get your hopes up

2 Likes